Dominantly

His editing was fairly basic, the shot straight out of the camera would have still showed the same effect.

Go and try it

Noooo way...

Hey, Dom.. Can we see the "out of the camera" image?:blushing:

Here is straight out of the camera
4539432429_7ab50da60a_b.jpg

The effect was a given, what with the lens and aperture he used. Nothing of the effect was created in PS, all that was done was UNDERLINE some things, bring out details more here and there. But all in all the photo was "there" before it underwent post processing. All that was required was one or two flowers being taller than the others. The very shallow DOF (depth of field) of the very wide open lens did the blurring of all that was further away.

I don't get how you could have your camera this long and still not understand how he got this image.

I don't get how you could have your camera this long and still not understand how he got this image.

Really? How long have I had my camera? I ask, not to be a smarta$$-- cause I am not even sure myself.

I have been thinking about this.. I think my camera is broken. I am calling Canon tomorrow..

His editing was fairly basic, the shot straight out of the camera would have still showed the same effect.

Go and try it

Noooo way...

I think you should try it! You might really surprise yourself! Besides what's to lose... an hour of looking at beautiful flowers and playing with an awesome camera? It's win-win, and you might get results you didn't think you'd be able to! Go for it!

Really? How long have I had my camera? I ask, not to be a smarta$$-- cause I am not even sure myself.

I have been thinking about this.. I think my camera is broken. I am calling Canon tomorrow..

:lol: your camera isn't broken, I'll put money on that

You can do it.

I have an area a few hundred yards away with a metric ton of flowers of different shapes, sizes, and under different lighting conditions. This helps immensely because I can go out there and just walk around taking different shots and experimenting.

So go find an area like a park with a good amount of colorful flowers and go to town. Take your 50mm lens with you and use a larger aperture to experiment with DOF and what it can do for isolating flowers and creating that blurry surreal/painting look. Just pay attention to your light meter!

My light meter.. do I have to buy one of those.. hehe.. = ) Just kidding.

Do you all remember my last flower shots.. you said they were all out of focus. Well, Dom not you.. Everyone else..

I use one my blurry flower shots as my wallpaper on my computer..

My light meter.. do I have to buy one of those.. hehe.. = ) Just kidding.

Do you all remember my last flower shots.. you said they were all out of focus. Well, Dom not you.. Everyone else..

I use one my blurry flower shots as my wallpaper on my computer..

Are you trying to get too close to the flowers? Check the minimum focusing distances on your lens(es) and see how far away you have to be before it focuses correctly. Someone else had this problem with jewelry. If you're too close, everything will just be blurry.

You got me. I read that first line and was serious faced up until the last part, then I lol'd. ;)

I think you needs hands on training :lol::p

Let me know when you are south of LA and I'll help you get a flower shot with that 7D.

he he.. You must not have seen my post once when I thought it was you told me to check my meter.. and I was like.. Shoot.. I need to buy that too..

I have been using my camera a lot as of late. At the moment I am uploading, or downloading 1400 pictures to my computer.. I assure you NONE of my pictures look a thing like yours.

= )

I am going to Legoland this weekend.. I will have my camera with me. I am also taking 2 nieces and a nephew with me. = ) Joy.. Lord help me now!!

You are always so kind to me..Thank you!!

All the terms and variables in photography can be confusing... You should try and take a photography class - some people are better with hands-on learning to figure things out ;)

Yes, your camera is broken. I have a 40D, and it is in great working condition. I can trade my working camera with your broken camera. No need to say thank you though. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back