Family Picture Presentation

kminna1123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I am a senior photography major at a university in Baltimore, Maryland. I am currently taking my senior thesis class and am doing a series of work where I need the public's help. Its working title is "Family Pictures Presentation." To give a little background and describe what I mean by Family Pictures Presentation: "Until very recently, 20th century snapshots have been ignored, seen as slight and unimportant, of poor quality and of value only to those who make use of them. However, over the last 20 years, personal pictures have become the center of a new sort of interest as the study of history itself has changed, and as working photographers have re-evaluated photographic practice." (Excerpt from 'Sweet It Is To Scan' by Liz Wells). I am looking for people to send me a snapshot, family picture or personal photograph from their life. It can be from as long as 50 years ago or from as recent as today. Along with it I would like text written by the submitter on a memory from that picture, something it reminds you of or what was going on in the picture. You can go into as much detail as you want. There is no word limit. Instead of me presenting my own family, I find it more interesting seeing how the rest of the world lives and how these millions of snapshots each day shape our life's history. These pictures will be used solely in my thesis class for this one presentation. If they could be submitted electronically through email as a jpeg or similar format that would be great. I would really appreciate any help I can get. The photographs can be sent to: [email protected]. Thanks so much, Erin

I have been posting on various forums for this project about 40 in all so far. I did post on that particular forum but only about 2 weeks ago. It could be possible that someone had a similar idea to mine but I have not heard or seen it anywhere yet. Thanks for replying and feel free to submit a photograph!! Thanks!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back