Father & son

haduyenhoa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The father is blind but he still carry his son on the back. This photo is taken in the way near by my house.

father&son_a.JPG

Does he know you took pictures of him?

BTW, what effect(s) are you using in this picture? It seems like it is glowing... USM?

@dleblacn: No, he does not but the son does (i think). I'm using Nikon Dark green effect. I don't remember exactely
@Emerana: thanks :)

you didnt ask him if you could take his photo? well that isnt very respectful I would love it if he had given premission.

I agree. But if I asked him, this photo would be not for real moment, real emotion. Some time, when we are in the street, we meet somethings happening and we take a shot without ask for permission. This is street life photography. Or maybe I'm wrong.

don't you need a release to put photos up on here of people?

I think you can take pictures of anyone in public if there is a responable expectation that is a public place. This looks like a street so I would assume it's safe.

Unless you are referring to a rule with this forum, and to that, I am not aware.

Cute... the son, not the father.

I believe (and could be wrong) a release is required if the photographer intends to sell the image or perhaps enter it into a contest.

But, don't quote me on that.

I guess it depends. You cant take a recognizable photo of someone and sell it without a release even if it is on the street. laws vary beyond that and are complicated.

here is my issue. My husband and I have 4 kids. Two teenage boys (his from his first marriage) and then two toddlers from our marriage. They are both adopted and are Mayan/Hispanic. Our older two are half Asian. My husband and I are white white. My husband uses a wheel chair, he is paralyzed. This doesn't stop him from parenting working, providing our family a very comfortable life.

But if someone thought it was neat to see him with one child on his lap, the other standing on his feet (thats how he carries both toddlers) or thought our "rainbow family" and snapped a photo, I would be super pissed. We arent a public oddity to be put on display and we are human and should be respected. You don't really know how much we get stared at or talked about because we are "different".

You are exploiting this man by not asking his permission, even if it was after the fact. Go up to him and tell him who you are, that you thought he embodied something special about fatherhood and you took his photo and would love to send him a print or two. Taking his photo and not telling him and getting away with it cause he is blind...just kind of shady in my book.

You are exploiting this man by not asking his permission, even if it was after the fact. Go up to him and tell him who you are, that you thought he embodied something special about fatherhood and you took his photo and would love to send him a print or two. Taking his photo and not telling him and getting away with it cause he is blind...just kind of shady in my book.

I agree with the above comment. I'm not sure if the blind man's family would appreciate this if they saw it on this site, or any site, period.

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice photo, but you should ask him if it's ok to post it.

I agree with the above comment. I'm not sure if the blind man's family would appreciate this if they saw it on this site, or any site, period.

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice photo, but you should ask him if it's ok to post it.

Ohh cramp....

I posted something stupid.

I like this photo.. a lot.

And i fail to see how this is exploitation.

This photo isn't exploitation, it is art. She isn't trying to sell it, if she was, then she would need permission.

This photo is fantastic, I love the effect that you used and just the overall feel of this picture. Very precious, peacful and adorable!

This picture is taken in a public place (in a street).

I don't sell any picture without permission. If I intend to sell them or take in a contest, I MUST do.

Taking his photo and not telling him and getting away with it cause he is blind...just kind of shady in my book.
I did not ask him NOT because he is blind. However, it's rather to tell him about this photo.
@All: thank you for your comment.

The release is needed only when you sell the pictures. The idea is that you cannot make money but selling some person image without his permission.

The picture it`s quite great, maybe take out that glowy look because it looks more like blurry.
And for the people who think that this photo is disrespectful or it`s a must to ask him, i have a question... what is the difference between taking a photo of a man, old man, child, woman,etc. and blind man, crippled man, etc. ? (without asking permissions)
I mean, he posted a picture which from my point of view provokes sympathy and i think it`s a good thing.

Ohh and a great photo it`s a great photo even without the permission of a subject.

I agree that you should ask permission in general, but i don`t find a bad thing if you don`t (as long as the photo isn`t used in disgraceful ways).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back