Film camera question.

Axel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am simply curious about what film camera would be the best for an amateaur like me and I am not interested in making big movies, just to film small parts of my everyday life. I would like a digital film camera.

Thank you.

digital film camera? digital imaging works on two levels, First it captures images without the use of film, the images are then stores on the cameras memory card which is then down loaded to a computer. second you have software packages that you can use to manipulate the picture before printing it. Film cameras store images on err.......film!

It realy depends on what kind of pictures you want to take and on how serious you are about photography. But my opinion is learning from film will allow you to gain more skills in this art than in digital.

All the best.

I think he's asking about a video camera as well.

I have a Sony MiniDV digial camcorder and it works quite well. Good picture quality and takes still as well. Mine is about 5 years old so the stills are 1.5mp, the newer ones are around 3mp which is fine for what your asking about.

I think you would be fine with any of the major brands. Sony, Cannon, JVC, etc. If I was buying one now I'd get a MiniDVD version that takes the DVD disks and records straight to them. The tapes I use are good quality but only 1 hour per tape. I think the disks can record more than that.

I went with the Sony because it uses the same memory sticks that the wife's Digital camera does.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back