I messed up and downloaded Lightroom!

flameshots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Now I want it really bad! The problem is, if I get it I'll be divorced in three weeks. (Actually it might be worth it?.........No, bad husband, bad husband!LOL)

So what I'm looking for is, what if anything is there out there that doesn't cost $300 and will do what light room can? I know it won't be the same but just looking for something to edit and organize my work in the same program.

Thanks for the help.

Not likely...

If it helps keep you out of the dog house - photoshop costs several times more than lightroom.

You're saving money by getting LR... ;)

Photoshop elements has an organization function similar to LR, but it falls a little short of what LR can do... You're looking at about $80 for elements.

I don't think elements can work with RAWs either...

Elements works with raw and offers greater in depth editing, but lacks worthwhile presets and the specific, efficient editing LR does. LR is more for someone looking to streamline their workflow with powerful controls.

Last edited:
If you go with LR, you may want to hold out just a little longer - LR3 will be released soon...

I've been using LR3 beta and it definately is uber cool and worth waiting for.

I haven't tried LR3 beta, but I was going to suggest it. I think you can use it until April or so. Not a permanent solution, but longer than 3 weeks. Good luck.

Lightroom is definitely a wonderful tool, and hopefully,you get some tax refund money or something you can put toward the purchase of that software. Its quite powerful. good luck with your quandary!

Picasa? Not the same league, but your closest alternative.

Are you kidding? If LR will get you divorced, I'd hate to think what would happen to you if you upgraded bodies or got a new lens. ;)

Are you kidding? If LR will get you divorced, I'd hate to think what would happen to you if you upgraded bodies or got a new lens. ;)

Don't even get me started. She loves the shots I get, the house is covered in them. But she won't let me spend a dime on new equipment. In her defense though we really don't have a lot of expendable cash. I am currently trying to sell off some of my other hobby equipment to buy a lens or two. I need to win the lottery or find a rich long lost aunt. LOL

I like this..keep going.. :pimp:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back