Lenses ?

hippychickkelly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking at new lenses for my canon t3i,
I have a 70-200 f2.8 , 50mm 1.8 ( this one may need to be replaced since it's not working )

I also have a 17-55 3.5-5 ,and the 70-300 4-5 ( thinking of selling this one since I do have the other 70-200 and this one is a factory type one)

Anyhow I am also looking at better lenses as to take my oldest senior photos in a Couple of years and want to play more first ( I am mostly used to negatives ) and there are so many good new lenses and such plus I used to have a Pentax before the t3i and plan to upgrade my canon someday but do plan on staying with the same series so I can just work on my lenses

And right now I shoot mostly day to day kid stuff and 3 of my girls are on team gymnastics and 2 compete so I have taken quite a few of meets

Welcome to the forum.

Here are two excellent options:
  • Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM [$400]
  • Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM art lens for Canon [$800]
An f/1.4 prime is always excellent. The new Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 is considered the best zoom lens out there today, for APS-C sensors, the only zoom with a constant f/1.8 aperture.

You could have the "18-35mm f/1.8" above, the "50mm f/1.4" above, and the "70-200mm f/2.8" that you already own. You'd cover the 18-200mm range with excellent fast lenses all around. And sell both the "17-55mm f/3.5-5" and the "70-300mm f/4-5" together.

Last edited:
Personally, I'd look at the new Yongnuo offering of the 50mm f/1.8. A surprisingly good lens which optically outperformed the Canon version at 1/3rd the price.

Thank you ,
AKUK , I have not heard of the Yongnuo I will have to look at that

Ruifo, thank you , I def have been planning on wanting the 50mm 1.4 over the 1.8 , I will look into the other lenses that is what I was looking into but after looking at so many online i was going nuts wanting anything with 2.8 or less lol and trying to be economical

And

Thank you ,
AKUK , I have not heard of the Yongnuo I will have to look at that

Ruifo, thank you , I def have been planning on wanting the 50mm 1.4 over the 1.8 , I will look into the other lenses that is what I was looking into but after looking at so many online i was going nuts wanting anything with 2.8 or less lol and trying to be economical

And

No problem. You can find a comparison of the performance here. For a $40 lens it's pretty damn good!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back