Let's See Your Desktops!

Yesss. I had a FLCL desktop for the longest time in high school. Yup, Canti on that good old 4:3 CRT. Was magical

flcl_canti_1280x1024.gif

Lenny, my Media Monkey window..............
View attachment 93615

Mine looks very different and I tried to figure out how to download a different skin but I think that requires an upgrade. I'm not sure if I'm willing to go that route just yet. Kinda into free right about now :/ I might download Spotify and give that a whirl. I just want to manage the music on my harddrive without iTunes constantly rearranging it, duplicating it, and saving it in something other than mp3. Man, it sucks hard!

Ubuntu........ love it! Dual boot it on this laptop, but haven't booted into it in ages. Probably have many updates to install!

Snerd, baby, you're going to love me even more in about half a second! ;) The desktop on my netbook:
Screenshot from 2015-01-19 23:05:22.png

I have no idea what's on my Ubuntu desktop. Probably some bland stars I think. I'll go boot it and report back!

Checking in, from deep within the Ubuntu operating system. My wallpaper......................

Screenshot from 2015-01-19 22:20:57.png

Yeah, I auto-hide the taskbar. Hmmmm...... I even forgot what it's called in Ubuntu lol!!

Oh I do love this shot!! Well captured, with lots of feeling!
Thank you! Opening ceremonies are my favorite thing to shoot at these events. Can't beat the light when the rider is being hit by a spotlight from four different directions. :D Only thing I didn't like about this photo is how tight it was, but didn't have much of a choice as my back was literally against the wall and I was using my 300mm.

My MBP

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-01-20 at 2.41.14 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-01-20 at 2.41.14 PM.png
    475 KB · Views: 120
Untitled-1.jpg

I had to do a bit of a tidy up first. Isn't it amazing how many temporary or installation files we collect.

this is what it looks like at the moment.
Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 3.52.24 AM.jpg

Checking in, from deep within the Ubuntu operating system. My wallpaper......................

Yeah, I auto-hide the taskbar. Hmmmm...... I even forgot what it's called in Ubuntu lol!!

I auto-hide as well. I still run Windows on my main computer, and for a while, I had a dual boot on the netbook, but when I realized that I never ever used Windows, then it got wiped clean and now the netbook runs only Ubuntu. I'd been wanting to try Linux for years but I only got up the nerve when my boyfriend started experimenting with it and could help me if I screwed it up too badly :)

limr has a computer? I always assumed all your correspondence was done via parchment and wax seals.

I auto-hide as well. I still run Windows on my main computer, and for a while, I had a dual boot on the netbook, but when I realized that I never ever used Windows, then it got wiped clean and now the netbook runs only Ubuntu. I'd been wanting to try Linux for years but I only got up the nerve when my boyfriend started experimenting with it and could help me if I screwed it up too badly :)
At one time, I tried maybe 5 or 6 different distros. Probably liked Linux Mint the most, using the Cinnamon desktop. The last couple of years, my photography hobby has drastically slowed down my computer hobby!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back