Monopods

Well, I'm back. I didn't have a chance to get to the store before I left so I went to a shop in Nurnburg. They had only one Manfrotto, and I ended up buying it. It's the 682, with the retractable legs, figures they only had the most expensive one. I haven't gotten my photos back yet so I'll have to see how it worked out, but it was useful in a few instances. The flip-side is that it's not exactly small, it's actually longer when fully collapsed than the legs of my 3211, and it weighs a few pounds. The good side is very solid construction as one would expect. The legs are of value, sort of like the legs of a $15 tripod. Good for just holding the camera for a timed flash shot or something, or for mounting flash as someone mentioned above, but less so than hand-holding for any slower exposure times. The couple 1/4 sec shots I took I used the legs and held the top of the camera, we'll see how they come out. Most of the time I used it the normal way for shots at 1/30 or 1/15 with a 50mm, or 1/60 with a 105mm. Thanks for all of the comments.

Dave

Most reactions

New Topics

Back