my 1st "real" go at photoshop

Blu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my first real go at Photoshop. I removed the people standing around the car. Any constructive criticism would be greatfully recieved. :thumbup:

YellowHotrod-1.jpg

that looks really good! i dont see any noticable evidence of removed people :)

can we see the original for comparison?

A Before shot might help in C&C....

But from what I can see I would say you had people over the left front wheel. I can see some blending with maybe the clone tool in the sky, and on the fender. Nothing else screams out at me.

the original is on my hard drive....somewhere! i'll dig it out for you tomorrow, too tired just now. Your quite right, there were people/cars behind the right front wheel. There was also a portaloo infront of the car; i just realised you can still see it reflected in the windscreen.

A CPL (circular polarizing filter) filter would have helped a great deal. It's effects cannot be duplicated in Photoshop.

Were you going to attempt fixing the problems with the lighting and the sky too?

I see a couple easy tweeks that could be done, especially with Topaz.

In PS I would hit Ctrl L and take the black of the license plate and the white off the blowout on the front right fender, to clear that up a bit.
A HQ denoise, an some clarity would be nice. Not to mention a couple more seconds blending the sky on the right.

take a look over the left front mudguard and on the right side of the sky.
the clouds are blown ;)

The patch of sky on the right could do with a bit of fixing...maybe something to have a wee go at.

512, you say the clouds are blown? Can you explain, my brains being "fuzzy"!

KmH, what is a CPL, and what does it do? The camera I was using was a fuji s7000 I borrowed from the college for the weekend....

The patch of sky on the right could do with a bit of fixing...maybe something to have a wee go at.

KmH, what is a CPL, and what does it do? The camera I was using was a fuji s7000 I borrowed from the college for the weekend....
In this situation, properly adjusted it would have added some saturation to the colors and added a tad of contrast to the clouds and sky. A CPL can also help to minimize reflections, like the loo in the window, and specular highlights (fenders, door handle, top).

You can get more info on Wikipedia or by doing a google search.

thanks for that! Im still just toying with PS3, but getting there slowly.;)

i'm not sure that "blwn" is the correct term to explain what i mean. the clouds seems to be completely white (RGB 255-255-255). in my language this is called "burned", but i'm not sure in english :blushing: please correct me with the right term if needed

maybe the clouds are explained by the weather? It was an extreamly overcast day (even for scotland!!!), and about 5mins later it absolutly belted down! The photo was taken between the rain... The same set also has lots of steam and traction shots - really nice with the rain drops on the paintwork. The sky is dark because of the storm clouds brewing....

can we see the original... i can see some spots pretty clearly around the rear tire where you clearly did some photoshop work.. looks like there were some people by the drivers side tire as well

finally found the original... sorry it took so long, Im just home from college!:blushing:

DSCF0165.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back