My favorite model - Re-Edit - Sepia

This is my original edit of this pic,

This image has so many good things to work with, and I like so many things about what you've done with it. There's still a little highlight area on the left shoulder that's blown. If you go back to the raw file, you may be able to do a little better there. The only other thing that I see is still the tone issue. I thought it was white balance, but when I opened this in LR I'm not sure now. On the image below, on the left is a clip from your image on the forum. On the right is that same image (with no other changes) imported into LR then exported as an sRGB. Can you see the difference? The tone/WB on the left may be the look you're shooting for, but I should be seeing something a lot closer when I open it in LR. Is there a chance that you're not exporting the image as an sRGB color space????? Or have you calibrated your monitor recently? I don't do it with everything, but every so often i will upload a photo to a private web site, and view it on different devices, just to double check myself.

3 of my grandchildren are girls, one 1 year old, a 19 year old, and a 22 year old. The 1 year old is the only one of the bunch that will allow PaPa to tie her down for photos!!

View attachment 127584
Thanks for the tip about sRGB. My Lightroom is set as sRGB for export but to ProPhoto RGb for Edit In and this image do go to PS prior to saving . The 2 images you have here are vastly different in tone/WB but I think my color version above, falls somewhere in between. I was trying for a "warm" feel to this shot.

You're welcome. The Web do sent play nice with colors, sRGB has worked.

I'm not sure you understood what I was saying about the tone/wb. The two clips I put side by side were both "your" image. The only thing I did was import it into LR and export it right back out as an sRGB. I didn't make any other adjustments.

The point I was making is that you need to standardize your color space across all platforms including your monitor, so you know what the finished product will look like be it on the Web or a print.

I'm not a fan of the sepia look, but I gave it a try. First I did a lil skin retouching, then I dodge the eyes area. Since her skin was pale, I went for a more ''romantic'' soft look, did a black and white and ad a bit of warm, sharpen, vignette.

Attachments

• BethanyOriginalWeb.jpg
    BethanyOriginalWeb.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 98
I'm not a fan of the sepia look, but I gave it a try. First I did a lil skin retouching, then I dodge the eyes area. Since her skin was pale, I went for a more ''romantic'' soft look, did a black and white and ad a bit of warm, sharpen, vignette.
I like it!

This is my original edit of this pic,

This image has so many good things to work with, and I like so many things about what you've done with it. There's still a little highlight area on the left shoulder that's blown. If you go back to the raw file, you may be able to do a little better there. The only other thing that I see is still the tone issue. I thought it was white balance, but when I opened this in LR I'm not sure now. On the image below, on the left is a clip from your image on the forum. On the right is that same image (with no other changes) imported into LR then exported as an sRGB. Can you see the difference? The tone/WB on the left may be the look you're shooting for, but I should be seeing something a lot closer when I open it in LR. Is there a chance that you're not exporting the image as an sRGB color space????? Or have you calibrated your monitor recently? I don't do it with everything, but every so often i will upload a photo to a private web site, and view it on different devices, just to double check myself.

3 of my grandchildren are girls, one 1 year old, a 19 year old, and a 22 year old. The 1 year old is the only one of the bunch that will allow PaPa to tie her down for photos!!

View attachment 127584
Thanks for the tip about sRGB. My Lightroom is set as sRGB for export but to ProPhoto RGb for Edit In and this image do go to PS prior to saving . The 2 images you have here are vastly different in tone/WB but I think my color version above, falls somewhere in between. I was trying for a "warm" feel to this shot.

You're welcome. The Web do sent play nice with colors, sRGB has worked.

I'm not sure you understood what I was saying about the tone/wb. The two clips I put side by side were both "your" image. The only thing I did was import it into LR and export it right back out as an sRGB. I didn't make any other adjustments.

The point I was making is that you need to standardize your color space across all platforms including your monitor, so you know what the finished product will look like be it on the Web or a print.
I really appreciate your comments and suggestions. I did check all of my software and monitors and I found that Lightroom was set for ProPhoto RGB. I don't know why or when I would have changed it but everything is the same now.

Glad you found it. I know the frustration I went through with this.

Most reactions

Back