"My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit"

I consider it my duty to educate folks on what constitutes good music. I mean jesus, what if a young kid got on here and started listening to linkin park? Next thing you know it might be Five finger death punch, or even My chemical romance! Do you really want to be responsible for that?

or even :shudder: nickleback.....

There's no coming back once you go there. Even I can't help those poor souls.

I consider it my duty to educate folks on what constitutes good music. I mean jesus, what if a young kid got on here and started listening to linkin park? Next thing you know it might be Five finger death punch, or even My chemical romance! Do you really want to be responsible for that?
Now this is GOOD music.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree 100%.

This thread has devolved... to nickelback? lol

Awesome.

Or linkin park both bands have made millions no their songs. Now i will be the first to admit their music has changed drastically since they started but they did that to keep up with what their fans wanted. So i can't really early then for what they did even though that technically makes then sell outs. What would you do if all you did was take landscape photos and someone offered you a lot of money to take pictures of their cat which you hate doing but you have to pay the bills so you do it anyway. That's how life works its all about the money

They are totally within their rights to make whatever kind of music they want, especially if it pays. I'm in no position to call them out for it. I gave my honest opinion, that's all.

Allowing editing, opens doors for different avenues if learning, of seeing, of thinking, visually, for everyone involved.

Not allowing editing, closes those doors for everyone, including yourself.

The problem with this statement (as well as the rabbit's OP) is that it assumes circumstances bordering on forum utopia.

I always had my setting set to allow until I realized:

1. Very few people offered to edit my images as critique.

2. Very few people offer to critique either verbally or by editing, so I saw no point in allowing editing.

3. I decided to stop editing other people's images to make my points and felt I should change my preferences as a result.

I get the sense that people are blaming the lack of C&C they give on not being able to edit images.
My experience over the past 5 years is that it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Regarding #3 - IMO, there is very little anyone can do to a reduced size jpeg without butchering it - apart from cropping suggestions.
I don't really see the point. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Regarding #3 - IMO, there is very little anyone can do to a reduced size jpeg without butchering it - apart from cropping suggestions.
I don't really see the point. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Yes, you are but since you have shown yourself not to be ignorant, I can only assume you have not seen the hundreds of responses that are made with editing that have helped the poster.
Perhaps not by you, but by others.

When someone posts an edit of my picture that is better than mine, my first feeling is, holy cow, the nerve, followed by "why didn't I think of that?" My ego gets bruised. So I can understand the feeling of who wants edits. Suggestive edits posted in words don't highlight my "mistakes" the same way. But I've gotten past my ego and appreciate the fact that I may have missed something in my own edits that would be very helpful to me if shown in a picture edit. Be brave.

If it ain't BACH.....it blows.

Rock on Johann...
F2963JIF5GDQOXEMEDIUM.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back