Need some help selecting a camera

TheREdButton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The one is no good anymore, it just can't keep up with the more "modern" camera's of the world today. I'm looking for a professional camera, at your first glance u must be thinking a digital SLR. Now im not sure tho, If i were to go SLR i'd prolly go with a Nikon D70/canon rebel, but im not sure if i should go that far. Now i love taking pictures, but i'm wondering since im not a profesional photographer do u think i should lay off on the D70/rebel and instead look into a Fuji S7000?

Welcome to the forum.

Someone on the forum relayed a little story the other day, a lady walked into their store and asked for a 'professional' camera. He gave her a disposable camera. She say "No, I want that $3000 professional one"...again he givers her the $10 camera.
The point is that it's not the camera that is professional, it's the photographer.

That being said, I would not really consider either the Digital Rebel or the D70 to be 'professional grade' cameras. Sure they can help you take great photos but they are a long way from the top level 'professional' cameras. I would consider them very good consumer level cameras. They are digital SLRs with good sized sensors, which makes them much, much better than any digital point & shoot with a smaller sensor (even if the point & shoot has more mega pixels).

What kind of photography are you interested in? What do you want to do with your camera? How do you plan to display your photos? What is your budget, long & short term?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back