NIKON 85MM F/2.8 D PC-E MICRO

I think Im going to rent it for a few days first and see how that goes. I always seem to forget the option of renting first :disturbed:

Edit: looks like they do not have one for rental however Im sure if I talked to them about being interested in it, they would let me take that one out as a rental for a few days.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on this lens? Seems like it could be a fun piece of equipment and I have been wanting an 85mm for some portrait work.

I don't know where everyone is getting their pricing. I just bought grey market new 85mm AFS f1.8 for $480.
I am going to use it for indoor high school sports. I have chatted with quite a few that use the lens in this way.
It is fast enough to shoot with a very high shutter speed with ramped up ISO. I currently use my 50mm 1.8 from the basket at ISO 5000 and shutter speeds that freeze action and make any camera shake almost not noticeable.

What is grey market?

Gear meant for sale in one country, but sold in another, eg a camera body meant for sale in the US, but sold in the UK. Generally not covered by manufacturers' warranty, but sometimes a bit cheaper.

What is grey market?
Grey market cameras, lenses etc. are imported by retailers directly from a source overseas. They are the real dial but do not carry a U.S. warranty. Of all the camera / lens makers only Nikon will not work on them. Most sellers offer an extended warranty for service at an authorized service provider.
You can save quite a bit of $$ and Grey Market items can be found occasionally at Adorama and a few online retailers. I have had good luck with them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back