Not open for further replies.

Rampage

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is it really worth the price? If so can someone tell me why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. It's worth it to those who understand why. Me? I'd just find a few more mint Nikon F5. As far as digital goes a used D3x suits me better.

I didnt say I was gonna get it. I just asked why its worth it. No need to be a smart ass or stuck up about it

Your question is irrelevant. Why is anything worth anything?

To answer you direct. Yes it's worth it to the many sports and wedding photographers that put it through it's paces. To me, no because I find the D810 is the better choice for what I do. To you, perhaps not because you don't understand what it is and it's potential.

The d5 is now the crown Nikon I believe but the D4 is still very relevant in the hands of a pro and avid enthusiast. A waste of money for the occasional hobby shooter.

Pro level build, high frame rate and more importantly, there is just something about the way it renders colors.

Cheers, Don
Thank you that's what I wondered cuz it looks way different than the other models

High ISO performance, super fast auto focus, 10 frames per second, built like a tank. I got to try one for a day and I went into severe depression going back to my D3300, I'm over it now though. What do you have now @Rampage?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sometimes if ya have to ask you've already answered the question. It's nothing personal. if you'd like to see why rent one for a weekend and shoot a few thousand images.

Is it really worth the price? If so can someone tell me why
Look at the specs and the features.
Note the range of light it can meter, the range of light it can AF in, the sustained frames per second rate, the voice note feature, the built in vertical grip and second set of controls and much much more.

If you're not able to understand the specs and features start doing some research to find out what they mean.
Independent research usually gets you more knowledge than being spoon fed bits an pieces in an online forum.
People also tend to retain information better when they find it independently.
Yet another benefit is you start making connections to other only tangentially related information.

I was at work and had to get on my train to operate. I didnt have the time to research like that and I probably wouldnt have remembered later. Thats why I posted asking. I didnt expect a whole layout of explaining every nook and detail. Just wanted a basic rundown and thats what I got after the initial response. I appreciate the actual information I did get in this thread though.

Next time you post a question I doubt you will get any replies after your response

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Next time you post a question I doubt you will get any replies after your response

His response was rude. If you check all my other posts you can see the type of person I am. I don't think I was was rude at all. I got responses that were not rude at all. But also I dont see how my response to the initial response was rude. Like I could see if he had a helpful response even if it was criticized. KMH response was informal and it actually pointed me in a direction. I dont see how the initial response helped in anyway shape or form. Thats like your response. How is that helpful?

His response was rude. If you check all my other posts you can see the type of person I am. I don't think I was was rude at all. I got responses that were not rude at all. But also I dont see how my response to the initial response was rude. Like I could see if he had a helpful response even if it was criticized. KMH response was informal and it actually pointed me in a direction. I dont see how the initial response helped in anyway shape or form. Thats like your response. How is that helpful?

I kind of sensed you were pressed for time and wanted to get a general response in order to see if it was worth your time investigating it. It is expensive and I didn't see anything wrong with your generic question.

Don't take the responses personally, you have a lot of seasoned professionals on here that really offer excellent direction to specific questions when asked. When they are general, all bets are off.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP, to simplify it, pro cameras like this are definitely worth it for pros who need the ultimate in reliability. Equipment failures on a location shoot can be incredibly expensive so the best and most reliable gear is a sensible investment. For you it would be overkill and not at all worth considering.

My professional photography goes back several years. In those days I carried Nikon F4 and F5 bodies (35mm film cameras) and they never once let me down. They were relatively inexpensive compared to the 6X7 Mamiya SLR system or the Leicas. Now that I no longer shoot professionally I use a Nikon D7000 which is more than I need. I wouldn't even think of buying a D4 or D5. They are no longer necessary or even sensible for what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back