Nikon vs. Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfffft, neither. Mercedes for life!

No, BMW!

Merc hasn't made a good looking car in 40 years.
Actually I like the SLS, AMAZING car!!!
I also like the 750i and S550 equaly, thank god I cant afford either or else I'd have a heck of a time choosing between the 2.

Oh I know I'd get a 911 4S.........................problem solved :lol:

Camera doesn't matter much. It's the CLOTHES the camera-holder is wearing that make alllllll the difference!!! Fancy suit or tux= awesome wedding pics!!! Cargo shorts or sweatpants = lousy wedding pics. I thought everybody knew that.

Neither Merc or BMW make pretty cars, but BMW are less ugly. Merc set the standard "look" for big sedans and every other brand has made sure theirs look just like it. Now you see an 80k merc that looks like a 25k Hyundai.

Porsche hasn't changed their design in 60 years. Granted it's a good design.

Camera doesn't matter much. It's the CLOTHES the camera-holder is wearing that make alllllll the difference!!! Fancy suit or tux= awesome wedding pics!!! Cargo shorts or sweatpants = lousy wedding pics. I thought everybody knew that.

It's all about the glass and IMO canon is in the lead by a hair. Body wise Nikon has more performance but when it comes to video, Canon wins.

So really if we wanted the perfect camera we'd get a D800 with canon glass and Canon video "stuff".

Porsche hasn't changed their design in 60 years. Granted it's a good design.
The Porsche 911 design is like a Rolex Submariner, they got the basic design right the first time and they just keep improving the inside but not the exterior design.

So then wide brim Purple hat with tassles + purple leisure suit + shoes with goldfish in the heels = Runnah?

I have heard from those who shoot with Nikon that Canon is not the best choice to shoot weddings with since canons don’t sync with their speed lights as good as Nikon.

When you read things like that on the internet, it's important to understand the context, including what actual experience the writer has on the topic. In other words; the writer may have been referencing the Nikon CLS, which Canon doesn't have, ..........
CLS is just Nikon's marketing speak for automated/advanced flash functions. If you actually look at what falls under the umbrage of CLS you'll find each and every feature available on the Canon system.

As in all religious wars, there's lots of propaganda and of course, efforts to convert the heathens to "the right way, the light way, the righteous path," and all that...

Like this sign I shot last night on a walk around the neighborhood...wow...now this group really takes it to an extreme.

$churchsign.jpg

This group worships Sony cameras and lenses.

Hello everyone!
Nikon vs. Canon.
What do you guys think about Canon system for a wedding photography?
Obviously nothing less than a Hasselblad can possibly be used for something as important as a wedding. What a silly question.

As in all religious wars, there's lots of propaganda and of course, efforts to convert the heathens to "the right way, the light way, the righteous path," and all that...

Like this sign I shot last night on a walk around the neighborhood...wow...now this group really takes it to an extreme.

This group worships Sony cameras and lenses.

Wow..that seems just really, well tame for a group of Sony worshipers. I really would have expected a little bit more of "Lord of the Flies" kind of action. Guess I'm a little dissapointed really.

Wow..that seems just really, well tame for a group of Sony worshipers. I really would have expected a little bit more of "Lord of the Flies" kind of action. Guess I'm a little dissapointed really.

I have obtained exclusive images from the annual Nikon user's ceremony.

$nursing_homes.jpg

I have obtained exclusive images from the annual Nikon user's ceremony.

I never get invited to the good parties. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back