"Out of all the photos we took, that's all you got?"

I've just learned over time that if you're going to be sarcastic on the Web, you have to be abundantly clear that you are being sarcastic. Otherwise drama ensues.

I've just learned over time that if you're going to be sarcastic on the Web, you have to be abundantly clear that you are being sarcastic. Otherwise drama ensues.

Where is the fun in that?!

PLEASE NOTE: The message above is sarcasm. I not condone such behavior.

Where is the fun in that?!

PLEASE NOTE: The message above is sarcasm. I not condone such behavior.

Heh. Well, I guess you don't HAVE to be. But you'd better be prepared for the backlash.

Personally, when I get attacked by someone who doesn't get my sarcasm I just respond with, "Y'all just a bunch of jealous-ass haters who mad cuz you ain't got my talent, my money, or my booty. Bye"

If it's good enough for Youtube, it's good enough for real life, amiright?

Let Gary be a lesson to you all - NEVER pick up a Leica!

I cut Gary a lot of slack. To be fair England only discovered humor in the mid to late 1960's, and like all new inventions it takes a while to settle in.

I cut Gary a lot of slack. To be fair England only discovered humor in the mid to late 1960's, and like all new inventions it takes a while to settle in.
I thought it was Benny Hill's and Monty Python's fault ?? :1219:

In reading this thread, I think I have 'the' solution...

If they want ALL the photos, give them to them on a CD...RAW format only. They'll LOVE 23MB files (and larger) per picture! Process THAT with a 1.2 ghz processor and 2gb RAM. Provide only the good enough shots as JPGs or printed. Let them figure out what they have to do with the RAW files.

Note I said on CD. I've 'lost' perhaps 6-8 USB thumb drives over the years providing pictures or whatever else on them and they were never returned. Fortunately, I still have a number of 4gb thumb drives available to 'lose'. As far as giving them the CF card or SD card, they are too expensive (when I bought them) and too fragile (I've bent pins on 2 CF cards and one internal card reader, and I'm exceedingly careful inserting them (in my mind)). Copy them to CDs and you're out $.25 each, including paper sleeve.

In reading this thread, I think I have 'the' solution...

If they want ALL the photos, give them to them on a CD...RAW format only. They'll LOVE 23MB files (and larger) per picture! Process THAT with a 1.2 ghz processor and 2gb RAM. Provide only the good enough shots as JPGs or printed. Let them figure out what they have to do with the RAW files.

Note I said on CD. I've 'lost' perhaps 6-8 USB thumb drives over the years providing pictures or whatever else on them and they were never returned. Fortunately, I still have a number of 4gb thumb drives available to 'lose'. As far as giving them the CF card or SD card, they are too expensive (when I bought them) and too fragile (I've bent pins on 2 CF cards and one internal card reader, and I'm exceedingly careful inserting them (in my mind)). Copy them to CDs and you're out $.25 each, including paper sleeve.
Great idea !!
Better yet, use 5.25 inch floppies SD/SS

Boy, this whole thread is why I refuse to get into the business side of photography. I don't need a job. I do it because I enjoy it.
I'm retired now but still do work for clients as an Electronics Consultant. It's much easier to interface with business people in some ways as they already know how it works. As an old boss once said "People are just no damn good!". :)
Agreed. And too take this to the next level. what usually occurs is we actually have two sides, neither familiar with a business type transaction (or even a transfer of goods and services) other than buying something off the shelf in a store. So they enter into this type of agreement (pro bono or pay) and neither side really has the experience or mentality to comprehend what they are engaging in.
From a business mindset this is a simple cut and dry activity. When you have a artist and primary consumer behind the camera and a consumer in front of the camera too it becomes a problem.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back