Photoshop question...please help me (should be easy)

Senor Hound

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First off, I hate to photoshop, cause I feel too much alteration compromises the natural flow of the image (even if only for me). I have only touched up a handful of images, and most of the time I just alter my color settings (my camera doesn't shoot raw).

That being said, I'm taking large images I want to crop down to exactly 1800x1200. I don't know how to do this. I can resize to a specific pixel height and width, but what I want to do is cut out an 1800x1200 rectangle. When I try to crop, it won't tell me what size the crop box is.

If you could help me, I'd appreciate it. I know this is a photography forum, but I don't really consider this hardcore Photoshopping, either.

Hi,

When you select the crop tool a toolbar should appear at the top of your workspace where you can select the desired size of the crop. If you're not seeing that, try looking in the "window" menu and making sure that "options" is checked.

See if that helps. I don't think that it's changed much, in that regard, between versions, but I'm not using the newest, so I'm not positive.

Zool's got it. But also, in those boxes, photoshop may default to some other unit that you don't want, like Centemeters. recropping to 1800CM x 1200CM might kill your computer, hehe.

So if it doesn't default to pixels, type it in as "1800px" and "1200px" - and then immediately go to preferences to make pixels your default measuring unit.

Zool & Dubious got it right.

Also ... assuming these are images you want to print - or at least keep at a printable size and resolution - be sure to select a proper resolution. Because, if you don't, the program will adjust resolution relative to the crop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back