poor mans photo shop

The OP of THIS thread is someone looking for alternatives to PS and LR, so he doesn't need to be dissuaded from it.

Lol my answer has been made a long time ago :biggrin-93:

If i knew how to put in the caption in with Michael Jackson eating popcorn i would.
Im just honored my 3rd post on this forum started a fight:tongue-44:

we had a few people on this site who acted like shills for Adobe, trying to portray $50 a month in-perpetuity as "a good deal". Well...as it turned out, the shills were overruled by the larger base of Adobe customers, and the $50-a-month extortion gave way to $9.95 a month for Photoshop CC AND Lightroom.
NAME the so-called "shills", as you've called them numerous times on this forum. Provide their actual quotes. Link to the threads where it happened. Or will that challenge go unanswered yet again?

It sure is easy to make claims and call people names if you don't have to back it up, eh?

What counts for me is that I have the latest, greatest (IMHO) software for my needs, and that means PS and LR. As I stated earlier, I paid full price for MANY years to get it, and now I pay less. If CC hadn't come along and the price wasn't less, I'd STILL be paying the full upgrade price every time adobe popped out a new upgrade. So, no, it's not all about the money.

Buckster, seriously... If you systematically upgrade to new versions of LR and PS, without ever questioning if you really need the features in the new version or not, well it's obviously your choice and your money, but for many of us, we just think differently about software acquisition. I don't have to have the latest and the greatest. Can you conceive as possible that someone might not be interested in upgrading his software? Now I understand why you took offense when I mentioned drinking the Kool-Aid. Looks like you had a lot of it already, so you are intoxicated. Hey ho! This is meant as a joke buddy, Ok? Take it easy!

I could also feel insulted by the way you paint me with a bullhorn and a sign yelling at people that the end is near, but don't worry, I have a very thick skin, and can take a lot of bashing. I can explain, debate, express ideas, share opinions, discuss intelligently, and I'm open minded too, so someone can help me change my mind on some issues if their reasoning is sound and logic. I like to poke fun a little bit (Kool-Aid thing) to keep discussion on a light tone, but I remain respectful of the opinions expressed by others. I also understand that people make choices and I respect those choices, but I'm always deceived when I'm attacked by those who don't think like me. It's always the same tactics; they attack me personally, and not my ideas, they don't open up on their own decision process, and more often than not, they read my responses way too quick and don't grasp any subtilities so their replies are always a bit off. Should I be surprised?

Photoshop...I got into it at version 2.5, back when the "most powerful home computers" were Mac Quadras that cost huge sums, and the app barely worked at a snail's pace. Before the world wide web. Upgrades over the years from 1992 to roughly 2007 for me were like $149,$149,$199, $249.

Adobe suddenly pulling an extortion demand of $50 a month for life out of their A$$ meant that what had been a $149 to $199 for three to four year run of each version would be $1,800 for three years. I know when a large company is trying to a**-ream me. Seem like some people don't think things through very much,and like bending over. Buuuut the vast majority of Adobe customers stood up and said, "Waaaaaait one God*****d minute here...your product is NOT worth that much money!"

And so, Adobe caved to pressure from people who didn't want to bend over and take it. And their attempt to extract $50 a month, $600 a year, six f*****g THOUSAND dollars per decade from millions of the people who helped build their company, fell flat.

Huhhh...amazing how that worked out...turns out it was only worth five DOLLARS a month to most people...and five bucks more if Lightroom was thrown in as an inducement...

Last edited:
have some faith in free competition and capitalism. If too many softwares go to monthly more will pop up you can outright buy. Long as there is customers the products will be created. So if enough people dislike renting the software, more will seek alternatives. And the market will respond.

Putting all that aside,
the references to alternative in this thread have been informative and helpful. This is probably one of the more helpful threads i have seen lately on here. Everyone that added informative input and links to alternative softwares give themselves a pat on the back.

Im just honored my 3rd post on this forum started a fight:tongue-44:
Sometimes that doesn't take too much effort. ;)
jaycar.... Don't be too honored. For your 25th post we take you out back and crucify you. :spank:

For your 30th Terri gets into the act. :whip:

p.s. remember to call her Mistress Terri, otherwise, well lets just say that Neosporin won't help those wounds.

Last edited:
And, uhhhh, he's serious about that "Mistress Terri" title....

Don't make me break out the "vintage medical equipment"

Don't make me break out the "vintage medical equipment"
without grease
Grease / Smease.....Medic is a major share holder in the company that makes ....
1559401010.png

Notice the pretty medical emblem on the label??? :laughing:

"bedroom tested. doctor recommended" Welllllllllll nowwwww....

"bedroom tested. doctor recommended" Welllllllllll nowwwww....
How do you think ole Medic can slide em into the back of that Ambulance so easy. :biglaugh:

Astroglide, with it you actully can put a camel through the eye of a needle. :headbang:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back