PROJECT52

8/52 turned out great, especially for something that might have been outside of your comfort zone.

8/52 turned out great, especially for something that might have been outside of your comfort zone.

Thanks, I knew when I was shooting it that I would convert it to black and white but wasn't sure what the end result would look like.

I'm also doing a 52 week challenge with some of my friends on FB. I found a list online that we've been following, I like that the different ideas force us to try new shots and get out of our comfort zone.

I look forward to your upcoming photos!

I liked the photo of your daughter with the drape as fill light. Great idea! Thanks for posting the details of the photos.

I'm also doing a 52 week challenge with some of my friends on FB. I found a list online that we've been following, I like that the different ideas force us to try new shots and get out of our comfort zone.

I look forward to your upcoming photos!

Thanks!

I think a list to work from is a great idea.

Juvenile Hawk - 9/52 by FourB Photography, on Flickr

A juvenile Broad Wing Hawk

I spotted this hawk a few weeks ago while scouting a location for another shot I was looking to take. I went back this week and was lucky enough that he was there again.

Cropped from original (I'm gonna need a bigger lens, probably a teleconverter first)

Lines- 10/52 by FourB Photography, on Flickr

An old, wooden box from a bottling company. It would have stored pop bottles or maybe something else in a glass bottle.

I discovered DEDPXL, Zack Arias' new project, and they have a monthly photo assignment. It inspired this week's photo.

I love the grain in the wood and the obvious craftsmanship. Also, the way the light was hitting the box adds to the depth of the image.

Converted to b&w in Nik SilverEFX Pro 2, slight crop, straightening and other adjustments in LR5

Tamron 17-50 mm @ 50 mm
1/200
f/3.5
ISO 200

I like 10/52. It's interesting to me.

Thank you, I've had a request from someone to purchase it as a 24x36 canvas wrap.

Anyone have a good source for large prints?

I use London Drugs for a lot of my stuff and am happy with their printing but the largest size I've printed is like 11x16.

This week, the only chance I had to shoot was a Sunday trip to the park with the family.
It was a hectic week and this picture sums up about the only time I relaxed all week and spent time with my wife and girls.

The focus is soft, the background is distracting but I love it.

Sunday Walk -11/52 by FourB Photography, on Flickr

House Finch - 12/52 by FourB Photography, on Flickr

Another shot out the living room window just as the sun came up over the house. I really like the way the sun is lighting these shots. And all the different species of bird coming through is interesting to watch.

200 mm cropped
1/1250
f/4
ISO 200

Free Air Guitar - 13/52

I went downtown one afternoon this week to do a litte street shooting. It also gave me an opportunity to dig out my 50mm as I've been shooting with the 70-200 quite a bit.

Street photography is a genre that I love and don't get to do enough of. There wasn't a lot of activity on this particular afternoon but this sign outside a Pawn Shop really stood out to me.

Found a new location today and am excited to go bank as I didn't have a lot of time to shoot it, mostly just scouted today. But, I liked the way this one turned out so it bumped the shot I had planned for the week.

Killdeer in flight - 14/52

Most reactions

New Topics

Back