PROJECT52

I posted this late last night so maybe a little bump will get some feedback....

I noticed the Killdeer has quite a bit of noise in the shot, mostly due to the crop. I'm wondering if the panning added some as well?

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying the time I'm getting to spend at Robert Lake Regional Park this spring while all the migratory birds make their stops on their way up north and before the water level gets too low.

The green on the wings of these Teals practically glows in the sunlight. I love the markings.

Female Green-winged teal - 15/52
by FourB Photography, on Flickr

Canon 70D
70- 200mm f/4L
200 mm
f/8.0
1/1250
ISO 200

I'm really enjoying the time I'm getting to spend at Robert Lake Regional Park this spring while all the migratory birds make their stops on their way up north and before the water level gets too low.

The green on the wings of these Teals practically glows in the sunlight. I love the markings.

Female Green-winged teal - 15/52

Canon 70D
70- 200mm f/4L
200 mm
f/8.0
1/1250
ISO 200

Beautiful! I was looking at these guys in lab the other day, but they were all flying away and I didn't get to see the color on the wings.

Jake

Took a trip up to Kamloops for the Easter weekend and visited the BC Wildlife Park, the light was pretty flat that day but I made the best of it. I love the detail in the owl's feathers.

Barred Owl - 16/52

Canon 70D
Ef 70-200 f/4L
f/5.6
1/800
200mm
ISO 800

Seems like the birds aren't getting much response, I'll have to change it up soon and find something more interesting.

More birds!

Last day with the 400mm. I went out looking for Osprey where they nest everyday but they weren't doing anything exciting. This fella was nice enough to pose for me. I have a half dozen shots of the these warblers but this is my favourite of the set.

Yellow-rumped Warbler - 17/52

I went out for a hike this week, hoping to get some decent, broad landscape shots of Lake Okanagan but the light and clouds weren't co-operating.

But, the hike was nice and we spotted this breed of snake that I've never seen before.

Western Yellow-bellied Racer - 18/52

I like the detail in the scales of this juvenile but I feel like the focus on the head isn't as sharp as it could be

This thread isn't getting much feedback, which is a little disappointing. I was really hoping to get some constructive input on at least some of the shots to help me get better.

Took the family to Vancouver last week for a family vacation and spent some time at Granville Island Market.

The symmetry of the background caught my eye at first and the patron standing in front of it gave it some context

Shopping List - 21/52

Tamron 17-55
36 mm
f/3.5
1/60
ISO 1000
Aperture priority
Minor adj in LR
Converted to BW in Silver Efex Pro

I scouted this location while in Vancouver to shoot the sunset and had this shot in my mind while thinking about a larger sunset composition. When I went back in the evening with another fellow photog, the clouds and sun weren't cooperating for a sunset photo but I was still able to shoot this other shot that I had in my mind.

I love the green colors and the detail in the rocks.

Third Beach - 22/52

This week was my daughter's 6th birthday so I thought I would take the opportunity to make my first attempt at off camera flash. The exercise made me realize that I definitely needs to invest in a manual flash and some type of modifier or softbox to really do what I want to accomplish. I had to pull back quite a bit on this to get the exposure mostly right.

I didn't give enough room for her head and probably should have had my wife do a little something more with her hair before shooting.

I'd especially love some critique on this shot.

Birthday Girl - 23/52

Most reactions

New Topics

Back