Real death

Mullen thanks for contributing !

Couple more, bull calf this time.. been mauled around by coyotes and vultures. Lucky for me he was frozen solid and didn't smell.

3197383112_9bca8f4d61_b.jpg

3196537275_620371aed3_b.jpg

3197379602_71e31b774d_b.jpg

3196535497_e7709baa63_b.jpg

Thanks for keeping the thread going M Harvey !

This thread has just opened a whole new door for me. Not that I'm going to go out and look for dead animals now, but I hike so much that the next time I see something that I can get art out of, I'm going to take advantage of it! Bravo to everyone being a pioneer and going against what is considered "normal!"

My friend was telling me how he was waiting for a bird to get out of the way as he was backing out of his driveway but it wouldn't move, and as he got closer he realized it was standing there with its head completely cut off. I bet that would have been able to make an awesome shot haha.

anyone have any explanation for this? I'm glad I'm not the only one who's experienced this...

(I took these more for the weird factor as opposed to something artistic but now I have a reason to post them!)

if you can't tell, his head is completely cut off. looks like it was actually ripped off and it's the only thing that's out of place on it...

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

Not the best image, but holy crap this thing stunk like death. Must have been recent, as the eyes were still in there. :er:
IMG_1398_1xx.jpg

Chiller, that picture is exquisite... There could be thousands of stories and captions that could go with that... A movie could open with that scene and rivet me to my seat...

Duncan, where the hell do you live that there are so many dead things to photograph? It's like you live in a Stephen King novel....

looks like it was actually ripped off and it's the only thing that's out of place on it...

Maybe a cat? They like to save the heads...

We used to have a cat that would always leave headless rabbits and birds on our front porch. I read somewhere that they do this because they think that you're too stupid to feed yourself, so they bring you food but save the head for themselves (so selfish...the head is my favorite part).

Most reactions

Back