Should i upgrade?

I think you should buy a 1DX or a D4 and call it a night. :wink:

I have your answers. Tomorrow i'll let you know if i've made my mind up.
Unacceptable reply from the OP. Four replies and a decision do not make a reasoned state of mind unless the decision has already been made regardless of any potential replies.

Do you expect me to talk?

I've ordered the 50mm 1.4g.

congrats. That coupled with your Tokina are going to flood the forum with DOF/Focus questions from you ;)

The 50/1.8 G-series focuses faster than the 50/1.4 G, and is optically very close in quality. How much could you get a 50/1.8 G for?

Listen to D-man. The extra stop down isn't worth the downsides. IMO.

congrats. That coupled with your Tokina are going to flood the forum with DOF/Focus questions from you ;)

We are all so much more than we were.

what Tokina did you buy ?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
just to get things back on topic a bit...
the 50mm 1.4G is a fantastic lens.
I have had the 50mm 1.4D for around 7 years now and love it.

remember though...just because you CAN shoot at f1.4, doesn't always mean you SHOULD shoot at f/1.4
sometimes more than a 1" DOF is a good thing. :mrgreen:

You might be able to sell the 50/1.4 G lens and have enough money to buy a new 50/1.8 G AND something else nice for your camera kit!!! ANd if the sale was really,really good, of course, you could just keep and use to 50/1.4 for as long as you want, and then probably when you sell it, you'll make back as much as you payed, or maybe only a little less [not adjusting for inflation]. The price retention on used Nikkor lenses is really pretty good over time, unlike the third party lenses, which lose a lot of value and very quickly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back