Sigma 50mm 1.4 art vs Nikon 50mm 1.4g

Why is the bottle still full? :icon_scratch:

I'll claim half, but no more... :drunken_smilie:

Does anyone else see a Font difference on the bottles.
It's like the Sigma has fuzzier edges and isn't quite as crisp and clean.

wait .. when I look at a higher f stop for the SIGMA then it looks better. So it must be fuzzier at the various f stops vs the Nikon like Brian stated.

Does anyone else see a Font difference on the bottles.
It's like the Sigma has fuzzier edges and isn't quite as crisp and clean.

wait .. when I look at a higher f stop for the SIGMA then it looks better. So it must be fuzzier at the various f stops vs the Nikon like Brian stated.
Were you drinking some Jack? lol

the last bokeh ball comparison you just added shows nothing. do the same thing you did with the whiskey bottle.

Nah .. I'm just used to seeing fonts and stuff from years of desktop publishing. The earlier sigma fonts look slightly taller too higher f stops and vs the Nikon examples. So the Sigma doesn't look as an accurate imager than the Nikon.

Nah .. I'm just used to seeing fonts and stuff from years of desktop publishing. The earlier sigma fonts look slightly taller too higher f stops and vs the Nikon examples. So the Sigma doesn't look as an accurate imager than the Nikon.
Interesting.

Hope these test shots helped some folks make up their minds. :smiley_simmons:

If I were doing this test shoot, f/16 would be looking like f/1.4 by the time I was finished.

:trink39: :drunken_smilie:

I think the photos on the right look slightly better but. at a quick glace its a wash, if you really look and compare, there does seem to be a difference but I would not say its a big difference.

Would like to see what the testers at DxO would say or show. Everything I have read shows the ART lens being significantly better than all 50 mm lenses in most ways except the one that costs thousands more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back