Sigma 50mm 1.4 art vs Nikon 50mm 1.4g

Would like to see what the testers at DxO would say or show. Everything I have read shows the ART lens being significantly better than all 50 mm lenses in most ways except the one that costs thousands more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
In my opinion, the art seems to be sharper at 3:1 magnification. But that sharpness can easily be attained by pushing the sharpness slider just a little bit on the nikon 50mm 1.4g. The bokeh on the art also looks better to me, but that is a personal choice. All-in-all, the art lens is pretty neat, but not really worth paying double the price of the 1.4g unless you are a pixel peeper. :icon_cyclops_ani:

Final score: :icon_porc::pig::icon_smurf: :cupcake:(two piglets a smurf and a cupcake)

I have the Artsy Fartsy. It will come in real handy while out shooting birds. HUH???

Once I find a willing model (we do have 3 cats, but they are not always willing), I will put it through it's paces. Not for comparison, but simply to use the darned thing.

Got the fantastic plastic 50mm and used it very little. Fell in love with the whole Bokeh bokee bokey world. Soon after, realized I did not care for the noise, the slow focus (indoors) etc. So, went right past the Canon 50mm 1.4 to the Sigma Artsy Fartsy.

Well, for birdsters you shouldn't really be using the art lenses. Sigma has two other lines. One of them is called contemporary and the other one is called Sport. What you need is a sigma sport lens for that specific purpose. The art lenses focus on aperture hogs like me. I already own both the 18-35 1.8 & the 50 1.4 arts, hope to see some more art lenses, very excited for the future.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back