Sign of Impending Apocalypse

OPEC is dying or already irrelevant. This is the Saudi's dumping cheap oil on the market to bankrupt the fracking industry. IMHO.
could be. interesting. I haven't followed it for a while. If prices stay low it might work too. I don't think the cost of recovery for fracking or tar sands corresponds well with extremely cheap oil. if it costs them seventy dollars a barrel just to make it they cant sell if for sixty dollars right?. Or maybe the fracking is what is lowering the price. dunno really you bring up a good question...

I'd love to pay $4 a gallon
not sure how it is there. But the u.s. is basically built around the interstate highway system and long commutes for workers, multiple vehicles per household, lots of trucking. I read once that in most other developed countries things are a little more close nit, local, different type of infrastructure and working economy so they utilize transportation a lot less (think they used Europe in their example). So higher prices may not really have the same effect where you live? in the u.s the way our economy, infrastructure is set up going all the way back to the early industrial revolution expansion and suburbias, fuel prices really effect us here. The u.s. was really built around the premise of cheap fuel, and a necessity for cheap fuel. And it isn't like anyone can rip up all the cities, roads, move businesses around or relocate people to mimic some more efficient countries in set up. It just kind of sprawled, developed, interstate highways, long commute for many, all the houses got built. It is about the least efficient you can get but is already there now set up, how it is. so we are heavily reliant on fossil fuels. Just something to think about I could be wrong. I am just going to guess, but I bet there isn't many people that commute fourty minutes to a hour to work around the world in a car. But in the u.s. that is quite common. Just different I would guess.

1 Qatar Riyal (27 US cents) per liter. 3.8 Liters per gallon. 3.8 x 0.27 = REALLY CHEAP

I kinda think that Obama and the West has been instrumental in exercising a strong influence on the Saudi's move to increase the availability of oil. Putin will not openly capitulate ... but everything he has strived for is now collapsing around him, including his legacy. In the future, Russia may not be as bold and arrogant as it has been in the past. This is probably putting a pretty good hurt on ISIS as well.

OPEC is dying or already irrelevant. This is the Saudi's dumping cheap oil on the market to bankrupt the fracking industry. IMHO.
could be. interesting. I haven't followed it for a while. If prices stay low it might work too. I don't think the cost of recovery for fracking or tar sands corresponds well with extremely cheap oil. if it costs them seventy dollars a barrel just to make it they cant sell if for sixty dollars right?. Or maybe the fracking is what is lowering the price. dunno really you bring up a good question...

Yep, there's easy oil and there's hard oil. At $50.00 barrel you can't make money with hard oil. Those Canadian tar sands and that ND fracked oil, and the oil that's a mile or more under the bottom of the Gulf is hard oil. My (B)rother (P)at is not happy right now.

The junkie found some new sources so the original dealer is slashing the price of a fix.

Joe

Man, I do love our Spring thunderstorms! Of course, I've had 60mph downdrafts from them knock me right off a fence post lol!!

We'll be under 2 bucks here within a week.
hope we are. Gas, heating oil. Electric bill somewhat derives from oil coal and wind I think. Maybe my electric bill will drop too. I could use a bill break for a change seems they all always go up. Everything really relies on fuel it is transported with it, made with it. so fuel drops everything should drop I would think...
shoot, maybe next time I fly airplane tickets will be cheaper..

I know a few years back when prices were high for fuel I was spending five k a year just heating oil and it cost me a 140 bucks just to fill up my truck with gas.

After I paid $1.95 I saw a station displaying $1.91, and then one displaying $1.79 for fill-up with car wash. $1.79 is like traveling back in time 15 years.

Joe

1 Qatar Riyal (27 US cents) per liter. 3.8 Liters per gallon. 3.8 x 0.27 = REALLY CHEAP
How much does a liter of water cost? :1251:
1.5 QAR. Yes fuel is cheaper than water.
The vast majority of cars here are in the 6 - 8 cylinder bracket. around 70% of cars are 4WD SUV type. How different would that be if fuel was same PRICE as UK at around US $ 11.10 PER GALLON

We don't understand what "heating oil" is down this way. Natural gas all the way, baby! I saw $2.09 gas today, it may not take a week to go under 2.

After I paid $1.95 I saw a station displaying $1.91, and then one displaying $1.79 for fill-up with car wash. $1.79 is like traveling back in time 15 years.

Joe
stop. you are getting me excited.

We don't understand what "heating oil" is down this way. Natural gas all the way, baby! I saw $2.09 gas today, it may not take a week to go under 2.
sorry. heating oil is off road diesel fuel. same thing...

Most reactions

Back