so, what kind of car do you drive?

Shark said:
danalec99 said:
Toureg looks cool, but in some angles, it looks like a soccer mom vehicle! What I'm talking about is a serious offroader/family suv. You would'nt feel like taking the Toureg offroad! :)
Toureg, Cayenne (not sure of the spelling though), Range Rover (my dream suv) are classy machines which you not like to take it offroad.

4Runner is not my THE fav, but there isn't a vehicle in its price range and the category!

See, that's the problem...you're talking a compromise situation there. Yeah, you could probably get a good suv that can really handle the off-road, but you're limited to something like a range rover (or have you seen that new large-size mercedes that looks like a range rover?? :drool: )

I went with the Murano because about 8/10 of what I do is on-road. It's got enough ruggedness to handle snow and slush and the occasional romp through the fields, but mostly it's going to have a car seat strapped in the back an a set of golf clubs or a couple soccer bags in the trunk section. :D

-I didnt say I'm gonna get the RR. Are you kidding?? :) Its just my dream suv; at least for now.
-Which mercedes? The M Class??
-Did you have a compromise situation while you were in the market?

Mitica100 said:
danalec99 said:
We have a 2003 Camry. Currently on the market for preferbly a 4x4. Thinking of a 2004 4Runner.
Any suggestions for a fine 4x4?
Nissan Pathfinder or Toyota 4Runner, both fine SUVs.

Thanks, Pathfinder is coming out with its 2005 model, so the price defenitely has to be high!

8) My 2000 Ford Mustang GT when new
original.jpg

danalec99 said:
Mitica100 said:
danalec99 said:
We have a 2003 Camry. Currently on the market for preferbly a 4x4. Thinking of a 2004 4Runner.

Thanks, Pathfinder is coming out with its 2005 model, so the price defenitely has to be high!

funding terrorism one gallon at a time!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

md

93 Ford Bronco with removable shell..mmmmm :drool:

I plan on doing some work to it..like lifting and stuff...

Gold 1999 Saturn SL2

MDowdey said:
danalec99 said:
Mitica100 said:
danalec99 said:

funding terrorism one gallon at a time!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

md

What do you mean?

just a joke, the old saying is if you buy agas guzzler you are somehow funding terrorism...

i guess its an oil thing...

md

i guess pick-ups and 4x4s are an american thing then... :wink:
i just like cars without all this fancy elastic-trickery and computery bits... pre-'73 for me :D gimme just a chassis and a phat engine 8)

I'm english and i haven't got a clue but can someone explain to me what a 'soccer mom' is? ... well i have got a clue but i've heard it in a few contexts so I'm not sure....

Photogoddess is my kinda chick! If i am not drooling over a modified Mustang, then its gotta be a 70's Pontiac for me! I am a Mustang man at heart, but you step on the pedal of an old Firebird and you get kicked in the ass by the power.

Although having sold cars in the past i have had the pleasure of driving both a twin turbo Rx7 and Supra. They might not have the feel of an old muscle car, but man when those turbos spool up those cars get up and go! The supra i drove must have been a 100k ride, it had aftermarket turbos, NOS, the engine was all built up and it had the electronic turbo control/adjust on it. The turbos would do like 42 pounds or something insane like that. Estimated 1000hp when cranked to the max.
I had to try it out, (since i was under the impression that the Japanese couldn't make i true muscle car, plus it was about the time of the whole Fast and Furious craze). I pulled up to my managers supercharged vette at a stop light and we hit the gas. It took what felt like 5 seconds for the turbos to spool up (it was prolly only a second or two) but once they kicked in i felt like i was in the space shuttle. That car roared and i experienced true tunnel vision for the first time in my life LOL. It was all i could do to keep the thing relatively straight. I flew past that vette, i rowed thru the 6 speed, looked at the speedometer and saw 130mph and figured it was time to stop. (It was a 45mph zone :( ) But let me tell ya that car wasn't close to being outa power. On the right road and with drag tires i would expect easily 200+ mph to be achievable. I came back to the dealership and my manager said, "OK lets try it now with the NOS" I told him to go F*ck himself, and if he wanted to watch someone die then he could try it himself LOL I almost wet myself in that thing. I ended up quiting before they sold it, but after all the salesmen got thru with it i am sure it was only a mere shadow of its former self. We thrashed the hell out of it, even with the built motor, i couldn't imagine it lasting to long at full boost. Especally flipping it from tame to beast like that.

MDowdey said:
just a joke, the old saying is if you buy agas guzzler you are somehow funding terrorism...

i guess its an oil thing...

md

politics!! :(

captain-spanky said:
i guess pick-ups and 4x4s are an american thing then... :wink:
i just like cars without all this fancy elastic-trickery and computery bits... pre-'73 for me :D gimme just a chassis and a phat engine 8)

I'm english and i haven't got a clue but can someone explain to me what a 'soccer mom' is? ... well i have got a clue but i've heard it in a few contexts so I'm not sure....

Minivans are the original soccer mom vehicle. Basicaly its a family car used only for hauling their kids around. Anything thats big enough to fit kids and all their sports equipment and is only meant to be on the pavement is a 'soccer mom' car. Much like the H2 is a over built soccer mom truck.

Most reactions

Back