Songs that have made you cry

Luminosity said:
Oh also ' The Circle of Life ' , from The Lion King , has been know to make me tear up too.

its funny u mention that song :D its beautifull!!!

there's lots of songs that really touch me.....

some of those songs are:

Mandalay - This Life
Tori Amos - Silent all these years

U2 - Electrical Storm (my love song) & U2 - Please (its weird when i heard this song i didnt really pay attention when i heard live performance it was :shock: just couldn't go out if my mind....)
The Cure - Love Song (BEAUTIFULL! :mrgreen: )

there's more....but i'll stop here .

Lula said:
Luminosity said:
Oh also ' The Circle of Life ' , from The Lion King , has been know to make me tear up too.

its funny u mention that song :D its beautifull!!!

there's lots of songs that really touch me.....

some of those songs are:

Mandalay - This Life
Tori Amos - Silent all these years

U2 - Electrical Storm (my love song) & U2 - Please (its weird when i heard this song i didnt really pay attention when i heard live performance it was :shock: just couldn't go out if my mind....)
The Cure - Love Song (BEAUTIFULL! :mrgreen: )

there's more....but i'll stop here .

i really really really love 311's version of love song. its awesome.

md

Mitica100 said:
Prokol Harum's "A Whiter Shade Of Pale" and...

Annie Lennox' "No More I Love Yous"

Basically the same tune, the lyrics "A Whiter Shade Of Pale" became "A Paler Shade Of White"

Both beautiful!

Those songs both do me in as well. Mike, funny about the "500 miles" song, I never thought about it but I used to love that song! Wasn't it in the movie "Benny & Joon"?

Lula said:
I really really really love 311's version of love song. its awesome.

I dunno that version.....but I love Cure's version its soooooo...... :blulsh2:

ill download it and send it to you through MSN or something...youll love it..

md

'Tears in Heaven' or something by Eric Clapton... :shock: gives me shivers and makes me feel like bawling every time... not so much the song but the story behind it... sooooo sad. :(

Everybody Hurts - REM... one day inparticular... right after the massacre in Dunblaine, Scotland, the radio (and us) held a minutes silence for all the kids who died and they followed it with the REM song... i was working in a shop and i couldn't serve the customers cos we were all crying. :( :(

Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits decided by all my best friends and i to be the best song ever written and a pact was made for it to be played at all our funerals. Unfortunatley when we were 18, it had to be played twice. :(

Nothing Else Matters - Metallica (S&M) makes me cry just because of the pure feckin awesomeness of the sound with the orchestra (and because the song is somewhat of a personal anthem for me for varying reasons)

Long December - Counting Crows ...a bit of a sad tradition in my head for this to be played on new years eve with a vain hope that 'maybe this year will be better than the last'... :?

captain-spanky said:
'Tears in Heaven' or something by Eric Clapton... :shock: gives me shivers and makes me feel like bawling every time... not so much the song but the story behind it... sooooo sad. :(

Everybody Hurts - REM... one day inparticular... right after the massacre in Dunblaine, Scotland, the radio (and us) held a minutes silence for all the kids who died and they followed it with the REM song... i was working in a shop and i couldn't serve the customers cos we were all crying. :( :(

Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits decided by all my best friends and i to be the best song ever written and a pact was made for it to be played at all our funerals. Unfortunatley when we were 18, it had to be played twice. :(

Nothing Else Matters - Metallica (S&M) makes me cry just because of the pure feckin awesomeness of the sound with the orchestra (and because the song is somewhat of a personal anthem for me for varying reasons)

Long December - Counting Crows ...a bit of a sad tradition in my head for this to be played on new years eve with a vain hope that 'maybe this year will be better than the last'... :?

You just remembered me .... that i avoid listening to Tears in Heaven, it really makes me sad, cause's it just jumps into my memory eric clapton speaking about the song :(

captain-spanky said:

wow..that was the first song i learned on guitar! gives me chills when i play it..

md

"My Life" by John Lennon. Most of the time I can't even get through it.

Oh, one more Beatles-related one: strangely, "Strawberry Fields Forever". There's something about that simple line: "No one, I think, is in my tree" that is so profoundly lonely that it kills me every time. :)

Tesla - Paradise

Dokken - Alone Again

Queensryche - Silent Lucidity

Garth Brooks - The Dance

Some Where Over the Rainbow - Trisha Yearwood's version

photogoddess said:
Tesla - Paradise

Dokken - Alone Again

Queensryche - Silent Lucidity

OMG! heh I haven't even thought of those songs in at least 5 years! Totally forgot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back