Sparrows anyone?

JOAT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Saw quite a few sparrows today, a white throated, tree sparrow and a few others that I am unfamiliar with. These are a few.

It was pretty much overcast all day and light was scarce so, some shots are quite grainy due to high ISO settings.

wtsparrow.jpg

sparrow2.jpg

sparrows3.jpg

sparrows4.jpg

sparrows5.jpg

sparrow6.jpg

sparrows6.jpg

The sharpness of #5 is stunning. (Mind you, they are all sharp, but that one specifically just blew me away)

#4 and 5 are my favourites, such lovely shots of such 'ordinary' looking birds :)

Sorry Bill, link should be fixed now.

I did go up to lynde shore and halls rd. to look for the infamous barred owl, but sure enough he wasn't there when i looked. I went once in the morning and twice in the afternoon
....i'm sure he showed up when i left :)

That 5th shot is about a 50%crop of the original. These sparrows hang around some bushes and there were quite a few of them sitting there. I had to focus between some branches to get a close shot of this guy, hence the blurry effect which are near by branches.

Thanx everyone!

Great series joat, yea that number 5 is killer.....well cropped, superb considering the high iso :thumbup:

So i heard about these noise programs like noise ninja, Helicon filter and Neat image.

I gave Neat image a go and it's a pretty good program, easy to learn as well.

here's 2 images using this program, I still have to learn it more in depth so it's not perfect :angel:

sparrows5f.jpg

sparrows5f.jpg

sparrow2f.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back