Start accepting the pro-photographers are not perfect.

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There are pro-photographers out there are obsess with shooting at iso 100 all the times as I mentioned on previous thread. I took a photography class at the community college and one teacher wants all the students to shoot at iso 100 on all assignments, no exception! Last night, I was shooting at the party event, and I met a pro-photographer who has 40 years in film slr experience. He recently got canon 70D. He told me a lot of image he shoot are blurry, so he is planning to get a Nikon with full frame sensor. He also going to get an aftermarket lens, and he said it is cheaper, more durable, and far sharper than canon lenses. That is what I get for hanging around those photographers. They don't make any sense and that is their opinions. There opinions are not always right. So, chill out and start accepting who they are.

There are pro-photographers out there are obsess with shooting at iso 100 all the times as I mentioned on previous thread. I took a photography class at the community college and one teacher wants all the students to shoot at iso 100 on all assignments, no exception! Last night, I was shooting at the party event, and I met a pro-photographer who has 40 years in film slr experience. He recently got canon 70D. He told me a lot of image he shoot are blurry, so he is planning to get a Nikon with full frame sensor. He also going to get an aftermarket lens, and he said it is cheaper, more durable, and far sharper than canon lenses. That is what I get for hanging around those photographers. They don't make any sense and that is their opinions. There opinions are not always right. So, chill out and start accepting who they are.

You must keep in mind when dealing with people like your 'pro' who have been doing something for 40 years. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the very definition of insanity. The other is that village idiots have to practice too...some of them for 40 years or more!.
;)

I'm not referring to you.
I didn't think you were, just didn't really understand your point.

Some of the members in this forum don't like what they hear when I talk about my experiences with other photographers. Should I tell those photographers straight in their faces, "You don't know jacks about photography!?"

........ one teacher wants all the students to shoot at iso 100 on all assignments, no exception! ..........

And the other teachers? They're OK with 200, or 400, or 800,.......... or (*gasp!*) 1600?

I'd say THWI... shoot at 200 or 400 and see if the teacher even notices.

........ one teacher wants all the students to shoot at iso 100 on all assignments, no exception! ..........

And the other teachers? They're OK with 200, or 400, or 800,.......... or (*gasp!*) 1600?

That teacher is nit picky. She always check the meta data.

That teacher is nit picky. She always check the meta data.

Clearly not an artist then.

Personally, who the hell cares how or what settings/gear were used? Photography is an ART. Teachers like that aren't letting you be an artist and using your tools to the fullest potential. I shoot anywhere between ISO 50 and ISO 12,800. Sometimes BOTH in the same day!!!!! GASP!

I can understand a teacher wanting all students to use one ISO. It will get you higher on the shutter speed/aperture, learning curve without tossing in a third variable which would complicate and dilute your attention to the other two factors. I hope this is a beginning photo class.

\
Tecboy...how you doing with your flashlights?

Listen up Tecboy. Follow what is right for you. If I followed all the advice I get on the forum I'd be sunk. Too many prejudiced camera fondlers on the forums. A lot of my pix they said are trash are all in museums or public collections.

I can understand a teacher wanting all students to use one ISO. It will get you higher on the shutter speed/aperture, learning curve without tossing in a third variable which would complicate and dilute your attention to the other two factors. I hope this is a beginning photo class.

The rest of the teachers in the photography department don't mind what iso the students are using as long the photographs look really good. Another teacher said, sometimes more noises have artistic side in the photograph.

This particular teacher teaches studio lighting. I think she is trying to get the student to shoot more look the magazine advertisement.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back