Stock Photography-How'd I Do?

personally, i think that you may have given them too much - the rocks with the glasses are going to limit their application some. but that doesn't mean that i don't like the shot; i just think designers would find it tough to use

as somebody permanently adhered to eyeglasses, I find the rocks make me cringe in the same way that putting a good lens on rocks would make us all cringe... all I can think of is that my lenses (glasses) will be damaged. This is why I think the product doesn't marry well with the idea of rocks in the photo. in other words, they are oil and water, in my opinion, as a product shot prop.

Hope my opinion helps.

Cheers, Chris.

Well, unless the ad was about damage proof glasses

^_^ Mr. olexa

and I'm of the female persuasion, Mr. Garber ^_^

Cheers, Chris.

Now I havent posted in ages-new job, deterioration of the site and such took me away form the site, but here is my input.

For me stock photography such as this would be better with new glasses, no scratch marks or bent frames. (fine for practice though)

The gradient is too distracting, the rocks could be ok if the background or colours were beach orientated, (laying the glasses on sand) but for the way you did it, not necessary.

I made a light box out of an old cardboard box and some white paper, using my office lamp to light it, I got some satisfactory images with it.

try using the arms of the glasses to stand the frames up so the angle is better too.

Nice try :)

i guess, i would ask, what is the point of the subject matter. if this is stock, why would someone want these shots?

The technical aspects? They suck. If you're trying to get these dropped into a stock agency's pool, good luck. They can be super picky and sometimes even really amazing pictures don't make the cut.

What's wrong with the first photo.
1. Underexposed foreground.
2. Wrinkled napkin.
3. Obvious photoshop.
4. Ackward shadows.
5. Crooked horizon.
6. Crooked eyeglass orientation.

Second one.
1. Underexposed photo.
2. Shadows/Napkin wrinkle again.
3. Eyeglasses are laying down and at an ackward angle.
4. Same PS problem.
5. Glasses look bent.

Here's a good thread on setups for product photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back