The Coffee House

And on a serious side...thought and prayers to the firefighters in Snowbears town. Jeepers, these guys/gals run IN when others run out....

And thanks to Pixmedic, as it looks like folks are in good hands..

You guys are toooo funny.
I haven't been on a whole lot this year and just read 33 pgs of this forum!!
I am glad Gary got found, Robbins got the bunny out of his coffee cup, Limr is keeping our students in line, Jcbevor (?) is going to my old hometown of Clearwater, Fl... And more...
Thanks for the chuckles...
Ok, well for the record no, I never did get those blasted bunnies out of my coffee cup, I had to buy one of those stupid cups that looks like a camera lens instead. All well and good until I hit the zoo and realized my telephoto was low on creamer. Lol

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

image.jpg
Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. Gary has had a very busy weekend. On Saturday, Gary shot a parade for the City of Hawaiian Gardens. Then he rushed home to prep and cook dinner for seven guests. Gary smoked a Tri-Tip with a reverse sear, also some BBQ chicken marinaded in his homemade BBQ sauce cooked in the Kamado and finished with Gary's homemade flatbread. Mary Lou's salad was so fresh it melted in your mouth.

Tonight Mary Lou and Gary had dinner in Seal Beach. After dinner we walked across the street for the above ...

Last edited:
Mornin, hosers. Throat isn't doing any better, but it isn't doing any worse, really.

Because I feel like garbage, I got myself something to pass the time.

Speed Champions - Products - Speed Champions LEGO.com

Morning Coop. Shaping up to be another red letter day here in happy land. Should have the money saved up to pay for the deductible on the car this week. Minor fender bender but major annoyance. I wish I could be one of those people who didn't need to be bothered with things like insurance, a license... citizenship.. all those annoying little legal details that seem to be such a burden to me but didn't mean a thing to the guy that hit my car. So I wind up paying a deductible, having my insurance rates go up and all of the associated nonsense. Sometimes it sucks being the responsible adult in the equation I guess.

So just contemplating lens choices for when I do put enough money back in the camera budget that I can afford the next one. I guess on the upside though I've got plenty of time to make my wish list and prioritize it. :)

A red letter day? As in a scarlett letter A? On your chest? To mark your shame and guilt, and to identify you as an outcast? That kind of a day?

Oh, and as you can see, it's going to be a punchy, snark-filled kind of a day for me ;)

..one of those people who didn't need to be bothered with things like insurance, a license... citizenship.. all those annoying little legal details that seem to be such a burden to me but didn't mean a thing to the guy that hit my car.
Same thing happened to me years ago. A guy with no insurance (in California, where insurance is "mandatory") hit my car from behind. In my mind it was he who was clearly at fault, but he even sued me for damages to his car. The judge threw it out, but I lost money, time, and sleep before it was all over.

Same thing happened to me years ago. A guy with no insurance (in California, where insurance is "mandatory") hit my car from behind. In my mind it was he who was clearly at fault, but he even sued me for damages to his car. The judge threw it out, but I lost money, time, and sleep before it was all over.

The whole thing was pretty ridiculous, the guy who hit me didn't sue so I guess there is that but I'm stuck paying the collision deductible to get my car fixed. Thanks to the accident my rates will be going up even though I wasn't at fault, and this guy walks away pretty much free as a bird.

I could take him to small claims court I guess and get a judgement against him, but it would be worthless. Since he's not a citizen he isn't legally employed anyway so no wages to garnish, it would actually cost me more in time and lost wages than I'd probably get a judgement for and in the end I'd recover nothing regardless of the judgement.

In the meantime of course he's back out on the road with no insurance, no license, etc. It's just mind boggling really.

A red letter day? As in a scarlett letter A? On your chest? To mark your shame and guilt, and to identify you as an outcast? That kind of a day?

You mean that doesn't stand for Amazin? Huh. Ok, well actually that does explain a bit.. lol

Oh, and as you can see, it's going to be a punchy, snark-filled kind of a day for me ;)

As long as I don't end up in the east river, I'm good.. lol

My car was hit from behind a few years ago, too. Some kid was tailgating me pretty bad and pissing me off. I knew there was a small parking lot for a bike trail that was coming up on the right, so as I approached it, I hit the brakes and flipped on my turn signal. Some might say I was brake-checking him, and there might have been a bit of that going on, but mostly, I knew that the transition from road to dirt parking lot might have been a bit rough and didn't want to hit the undercarriage on the lip of the road.

The guy hit me as I was turning, so the dent in the middle of my car and the dent on the left side of his made it pretty clear that I was trying to get out of his way but he was too close to avoid hitting me. They tried everything to get me to not call the cops, to which I said a very clear "OH HELLZ NO!" as I dialed the local sheriff's number. The cop who came out could not have been more angry at these two kids or nicer to me. He was still writing tickets for the kid when he told me I could go. Didn't have to pay a dime to get it fixed or for a rental car while Lucille was in the shop, and my insurance rates stayed right where they were.

So yes, sometimes it does pay to be the responsible adult. :D

The whole thing was pretty ridiculous, the guy who hit me didn't sue so I guess there is that but I'm stuck paying the collision deductible to get my car fixed. Thanks to the accident my rates will be going up even though I wasn't at fault, and this guy walks away pretty much free as a bird.

I could take him to small claims court I guess and get a judgement against him, but it would be worthless. Since he's not a citizen he isn't legally employed anyway so no wages to garnish, it would actually cost me more in time and lost wages than I'd probably get a judgement for and in the end I'd recover nothing regardless of the judgement.

In the meantime of course he's back out on the road with no insurance, no license, etc. It's just mind boggling really.

It might be worth the time for small claims court anyways. A friend of mine was sideswiped on the highway by a drunk guy driving without insurance last year who never stopped. The cops found him a mile further down the road in the ditch. While it took him a day in court plus the time of waiting, the courts ruled in his favor based solely on the police report. He eventually got about half of the cost of the damage (supposedly the rest is coming), but it's better than nothing, and only cost him about 3 hours at court.

So much for feeling any better... I totally wanted to see last night's dinner again. That was high on my list of priorities. Ugh.

It might be worth the time for small claims court anyways. A friend of mine was sideswiped on the highway by a drunk guy driving without insurance last year who never stopped. The cops found him a mile further down the road in the ditch. While it took him a day in court plus the time of waiting, the courts ruled in his favor based solely on the police report. He eventually got about half of the cost of the damage (supposedly the rest is coming), but it's better than nothing, and only cost him about 3 hours at court.

I probably would just for the principle of the the thing, if the guy were here legally. Since he isn't, well in all honestly any judgement the small claims court could issue won't be worth the paper it's printed on.

I spoke with a friend of mine in law enforcement, he told me he'd be willing to bet big money that this guy has already gone to the local consulate and filled out paperwork with a different pseudonym on it than the one he gave to me and the police at the scene of our accident.

He tells me that's pretty common, guys will get in an accident or get in trouble with the law, first chance they get they go to a consulate, claim they are someone else - since they don't have to provide any proof, ID, etc - well they get issued enough documentation with the new name on it that the essentially disappear from the system again.

So yes, I could get a judgement saying John Smith owes me X amount of dollars, but by the time I do have a court document in hand stating John Smith owes me money John Smith won't exist anymore, he'll be Jake Smythe, with a new name and address. No way to collect on the judgement, so it makes it a waste of time.

Shower taken, feeling slightly better. Alsom managed to choke down a cheese quesadilla.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back