The Coffee House

What's it mean when you see the groundhog in October?? Maybe cooler weather but I wonder, if it doesn't bode well for this winter... doesn't it know I shouldn't see it til February?

Don't know if he saw his shadow, maybe he could ask the big white cat who was plunked in the shade in my back yard yesterday (til it went stalking after something in the bushes). They were both either awfully big animals or awfully puffed up with lots of fur getting ready for winter.
I have a feeling this winter will be a cold one. At least I hope so. :allteeth:

After this brutal summer, I'll never complain about the cold again.

Until at least late February!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Today has been a light day. Early morning appointment at CSULA ... Some easy paperwork and some calls is it. Presently working with a bunch of backyard herbs for the turkey loaf. The kitchen smells wonderful.

Today was not a light day for me, hosers. I like having all my classes in a cluster so I can get it all over with and have only 2 teaching days, but boy, they are long days. I have to be "on" and intensely focused for 5.5 straight hours and I'm generally shot by the end of it.

It's no wonder I can't believe it'a already the fifth week of the semester!

It is 75F ... the Kamado is BBQing away incorporating all the herbs and spices and cheeses and raw turkey into a yummy dinner. There is classical blaring out of the patio speakers and I am sipping a wine named 'Inspiration' enjoying the evening, the Koi, hummers and the last of the butterflies waiting for the sun to set.

Life is merry. (With homage to Snerd.)

image.jpeg
iPhone image

Viola!

Y'all are welcomed to help yourself to some turkey loaf and vino.

I seen a horrible car accident right in front of me. Guy ran red light and creamed couple turning left. Ugly.. Guy never even stopped at light. I was stopped, waiting to turn green and guy just creamed poor couple. Seen it all. Think the guy was texting. Couple are doing all right according to hospital. Cop that was at scene called me twice today and said couple was doing well and was glad no one tried to move them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I seen a horrible car accident right in front of me. Guy ran red light and creamed couple turning left. Ugly.. Guy never even stopped at light. I was stopped, waiting to turn green and guy just creamed poor couple. Seen it all. Think the guy was texting. Couple are doing all right according to hospital. Cop that was at scene called me twice today and said couple was doing well and was glad no one tried to move them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
That is so sad. I'm on the road quite a bit and I see close calls all the time. Seeing an actually accident really brings it home. Take care.

Sounds awful to have seen that, glad the couple is OK since it probably could have had a worse outcome.

Gary, so where's the garlic bread??

Morning, hosers.

I seem to be having some allergies here. Stupid unseasonably warm weather! They're not too bad and it's still weird for me to realize that I probably have allergies because I never had them before. But there are all the hallmarks - itchy eyes, sneezing, congestion. Yesterday morning, I sneezed a whole bunch of times in the morning. As you may or may not remember, that's unusual for me. It normally takes me a day or so of false starts before I finally sneeze, so it was actually quite pleasant to be sneezing so freely yesterday morning (awwwww, yeeeeeeaaaaaah ;) )

Most reactions

New Topics

Back