Time to put the heating on?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by ferny, Dec 20, 2004.

1. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

In this room right now it is 17°C or 63°F. Outside the BBC website says it's 4°C where I live.

Brrrrrr. And yes, my toes are going numb.

2. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

i live in the southeastern united states and today's high temperature is only getting up to 30degrees F. people die around here when it gets that cold.

md

3. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Ummmmmm...shush you. It's going to be below zero degrees F tonight. Maybe 15F right now outside. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

4. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    LOL, Aubrey said that if SC had gotten the snow we're getting today (about 2-4inches) the state would have shut down :D

5. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

he is right, people think the apocolypse is coming when they see flurries...

md

6. mygrain

mygrain Friend to nose goblins everywhere

Photos NOT OK to edit
    it was 17 degrees when i woke up this mornin. That is fridged for MS...freakin fridged! I love it...the winter is my favorite season.

7. Aoide

Aoide TPF Noob!

Or ice... or even the hint of ice. I'm sure you have the local news stories about turning your heaters on. "Look out people. We are turning our heaters on." ( have to remind people to be responsible around their space heaters. ) :roll:

8. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

yeah its a strange thing down here to freeze in the morning and have to turn your air conditioning on in the afternoon...

md

9. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

It's 39°F outside right now and it's 14:52 as I type. They rekon it'll be 35°F (for you backwards °F people). I live in what is regarded as one of the warmest parts of the UK. Not the warmest parts, but one of.

I put a halogen heater on a few minutes ago and the temperature has rocked up to... 17°C.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm just happy the schools have broken up for Christmas or I'd be spending my afternoon walking around if this. Now I'll just have to wait a couple of weeks when it will be even colder. Oh joy.
    Then in the summer this 17°C will turn into a 45°C room. :shock:

10. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's well bellow freezing here. Yesterday & today, we are having wind gusts up to 100 kph (62 mph) with blowing snow & hail.

Sections of the city lost power when trees fell on the lines. I even saw a railway crossing arm that had snapped off in the wind.

Some poor guy was killed not far from here. He was kite boarding (snow board & kite) on a frozen lake and was blown into the side of a building.

11. Aoide

Aoide TPF Noob!

Hey! That's what today and tomorrow are going to be like. 30s in the morning mid 60s in the afternoon. I personally am not a fan of winter, but I can tolerate the southern ones. :D

Laurie

12. Picksure

Picksure TPF Noob!

-39c yesterday am.
    warmed up to -30c this am.