Unprofessional photographer

Just a point - we operate a rule here that if you don't own copyright and/or distribution rights over a photo that you can't host it on the sites gallery nor embed it into the forum; though you can freely put links to 3rd party hosts. I'm saying that as I know how what your TFP contract outlines and whilst one might assume it contains a clause that allows you to display the photos you're given as part of the shoot; there might be restrictions.

If you don't have a contract that outlines the rights make sure you get one for the next time and play it by caution for any shoots you don't have a contract for (ergo assume you might not have distribution right for general public showing). It's just ensuring that you don't end up getting a nasty letter from a photographer angry about you showing the shots around.

Mod wise I'm assuming you have distribution rights - if not please take a moment to host offsite and link to the photos in the future please.

As for your question the others have answered it well. This is a highly pixelated image way beyond saving; furthermore some elements of it such as the rather harsh looking light and reflections off your skin make it less than suitable for a portfolio even if this should could be fixed up. Whatever happened it sounds like the guy either had a bad day and got rubbish shots; or for some reason doesn't want to give you the full versions. If you network (on a site like Model Mayhem) then best course of action is to not book/arrange with that photographer again and leave a detailed, polite and honest review upon any review system they have. Don't take a cheap shot with insults, just be clear and calm to inform others - that will do more good in stopping others getting a similar poor experience.
Oh of course I understand ,we are giving the right to share our work and photos on social media ,web sites and any other way we choose .most ste
Just a point - we operate a rule here that if you don't own copyright and/or distribution rights over a photo that you can't host it on the sites gallery nor embed it into the forum; though you can freely put links to 3rd party hosts. I'm saying that as I know how what your TFP contract outlines and whilst one might assume it contains a clause that allows you to display the photos you're given as part of the shoot; there might be restrictions.

If you don't have a contract that outlines the rights make sure you get one for the next time and play it by caution for any shoots you don't have a contract for (ergo assume you might not have distribution right for general public showing). It's just ensuring that you don't end up getting a nasty letter from a photographer angry about you showing the shots around.

Mod wise I'm assuming you have distribution rights - if not please take a moment to host offsite and link to the photos in the future please.

As for your question the others have answered it well. This is a highly pixelated image way beyond saving; furthermore some elements of it such as the rather harsh looking light and reflections off your skin make it less than suitable for a portfolio even if this should could be fixed up. Whatever happened it sounds like the guy either had a bad day and got rubbish shots; or for some reason doesn't want to give you the full versions. If you network (on a site like Model Mayhem) then best course of action is to not book/arrange with that photographer again and leave a detailed, polite and honest review upon any review system they have. Don't take a cheap shot with insults, just be clear and calm to inform others - that will do more good in stopping others getting a similar poor experience.
thank you , I have permission to share any and all photos some times we sign model photogtapher agreement and most are verbal we can net work and share our photos in any way we like but not to sale with out talking it over with photographer . I do have model mayhem. As I do have Face book page for my modeling work ..I am new on this site and I hope to learn as much as possible in front of the camera as well as behind .I surely don't mean to come off as rude at all .i am trying to also figure out how this page works so please be patient and if I do something incorrect please correct me .Thank you for your guidence

Has anyone pointed out that this is a bad photo?

I tried to imply it in my first post.

But here... let me go ahead and spell it out entirely :lol: :

This is a bad photo. Why do you even want to use it in your portfolio? Don't waste your time editing it. Just delete it. Be glad he didn't do anything with his images, because if they're all like the above photo, they're just going to make you look bad.
No I agree this was not the best photo ,I just picked one out of the ones he sent just to get input on this .

You should not have to pay the photographer.

There are many things you might pay something for, lessons in improving your modeling skills, hair, makeup. But paying the photographer isn't one of them.

There are plenty of bozos who will charge and plenty of skilled photographers who will trade. The important thing is to pick a photographer who shoots good photos and has the portfolio to prove it, not to pay.
I normally do my own make up but how ever I did pay for make up for this event and I was a little warm in there ,lol I have resorted back to rule of doing my own unless I see that it may be beneficial . It was halloween after all no excuse I know

Has anyone pointed out that this is a bad photo?

I tried to imply it in my first post.

But here... let me go ahead and spell it out entirely :lol: :

This is a bad photo. Why do you even want to use it in your portfolio? Don't waste your time editing it. Just delete it. Be glad he didn't do anything with his images, because if they're all like the above photo, they're just going to make you look bad.
I realize that ,I am just trying to learn and if I don't ask I won't learn .I felt that if I shared the photo along with my question I could get a better understanding .

Don't feel bad. At least I put this photo in good use.
View attachment 96026
Wow thank you ,all I was going for here with the bad photo was to learn about what causes photos to appear this way and if it could be fixed .I realize that it is not quality photo and it's not worth keeping how ever I used it with my question .I surely did not intend on ruffling feathers .Every one started out learning trial and error ,we all learn by asking some one who is more experienced than the next .This is all I was doing ..Thank you for your time

View attachment 96026
Wow thank you ,all I was going for here with the bad photo was to learn about what causes photos to appear this way and if it could be fixed .I realize that it is not quality photo and it's not worth keeping how ever I used it with my question .I surely did not intend on ruffling feathers .Every one started out learning trial and error ,we all learn by asking some one who is more experienced than the next .This is all I was doing ..Thank you for your time

It doesn't take that much effort. If you have photoshop, you can use Filter gallery, you can play all kinds of effects with your image. With little tweaking, you will be amazed what you can do.

View attachment 96026

It doesn't take that much effort. If you have photoshop, you can use Filter gallery, you can play all kinds of effects with your image. With little tweaking, you will be amazed what you can do.
image.jpg
Just turn it in to something fun

YES! It's 1993!!!!! That's the spirit.

Wow thank you ,all I was going for here with the bad photo was to learn about what causes photos to appear this way and if it could be fixed .
Hi, Brandy

As for this photo, it looks a little underexposed, and what light there is is somewhat flat (straight on). I don't know what he did, but the processing makes your skin look "blotchy" and discolored. The camera position may have been a bit too high, and he missed with the frame. If you like the pose, then so be it, but if the photographer sees a pose that doesn't turn out well, he just deletes the photo and gives you only the better ones. Some of the artifacts may be due to trying to compensate for a poor exposure, which he should admit to you.

Wow thank you ,all I was going for here with the bad photo was to learn about what causes photos to appear this way and if it could be fixed .
Hi, Brandy

As for this photo, it looks a little underexposed, and what light there is is somewhat flat (straight on). I don't know what he did, but the processing makes your skin look "blotchy" and discolored. The camera position may have been a bit too high, and he missed with the frame. If you like the pose, then so be it, but if the photographer sees a pose that doesn't turn out well, he just deletes the photo and gives you only the better ones. Some of the artifacts may be due to trying to compensate for a poor exposure, which he should admit to you.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to explain .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back