Weekly challenge - best of 2017 12/30 - 1/5

A couple of favorites from family pics this year, one of my granddaughters.
DSC_1473.jpg

DSC_1479.jpg

I've forced myself to shoot a few people. This is a candid from a wedding reception. I wish that yellow door wasn't there. D750, AF 28-85mm f/3.5-5.5 Nikkor @ 55mm, 1/60 @ f/8, ISO 1800

DSC_0458.jpg
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

Now I know who moves that pot of gold around to all of the rainbows. Phone snap, right place and time, so I'm not sure what I could have done differently, except maybe a different angle.

Untitled

I've forced myself to shoot a few people. This is a candid from a wedding reception. I wish that yellow door wasn't there. D750, AF 28-85mm f/3.5-5.5 Nikkor @ 55mm, 1/60 @ f/8, ISO 1800

DSC_0458.jpg

Now I know who moves that pot of gold around to all of the rainbows. Phone snap, right place and time, so I'm not sure what I could have done differently, except maybe a different angle.

Untitled

Did you just find the door too 'yellow'? How 'bout this?
37143063985_b957143b50_z.jpg

You could 'erase' the door completely with the clone stamp and healing brush, but that would get really tedious. I personally kinda like the pop of yellow, and think I prefer your original!

I don't know - I think it adds too much color to that side, though it sort of compliments the purple dress. I like yours (and I really didn't think about changing it). No, cloning it out would be too muck - I've done that with a boat (the photo is posted here, somewhere) and it wasn't fun.

Tenby harbor in Wales this summer. I'm not sure about the diagonal piece of harbor wall in the foreground, but otherwise it's one of my favorites for 2017.

Tenby harbour.jpg

The boy in the dinghy makes this one for me. I wish he stood out a bit more either through cropping or maybe some creative dodge/burn in post?

^this. I didn't really notice the harbor wall at first.

I completely missed this thread until now so I'm going to make two posts. One for Friday and Saturday then a new one for today.

Friday
The first photo was taken on Jan 1st 2017. I was out for my first Snowy owl of the year and Serena didn't disappoint. She was waiting in a field with a small stream that flowed beside it. I climbed onto the stream bank to get this angle. I laid with her in the snow for about a half an hour.

Serena by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

My second one would be one of my first portraits of Luna just after we set up our studio in the basement.

Luna profile by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

Saturday

Next is water a water drop. These are really fun to do and provided an opportunity for Jr and I to learn how to get the shutter speed just right to stop some of the action but allow the quicker parts to still show motion.

Purple drop by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

This one was a lot of fun to do. I dressed my daughter up and did her makeup like any little princess would do. However my little princess grew up in the Zombie household so her makeup may not be for everyone. She came up with the pose and brought the crazy all on her own.

Madhouse escape by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

All caught up. Now I feel better.

This one was a result of playing in the studio again. I like doing smoke photography but this one was just so different from the rest of the rising curls. The name came to me and I knew what to do with it as soon as I saw it.

The DNA of smoke by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

Another day playing in the studio. This time with oil, water and coloured paper. Once again once I saw the image I new what to name it.

Spaceballs by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

That brings me up to march.

Most reactions

Back