Weekly challenge - best of 2017 12/30 - 1/5

I didn't shoot a lot in '17. Mostly family stuff.

Tossed a few eggs and a baby in a basket on Easter. I still struggle with "studio" lighting. I will try to build a softbox this year and ditch the little shoot thru umbrella.
2017-1.jpg

At a birthday party for my grandson, I ended up mostly photographing someone else's baby lol. He was so mellow and introspective, and liked looking at the camera.
2017-1-3.jpg

I like the textures in this, but wish I had allowed more separation between the skull and gun. When going through pictures in post, I find things I wish I had done differently. Far too often. More practice required in '18.
2017-1-4.jpg

@zombiesniper Those are all excellent! I absolutely love Spaceballs.

Zombie girl is awesome. I would give her some fiery pupils, white or yellow :)

In order to stay with only 2 images/day, I made a montage of my newest family member (born in April):

Miss Riley's 2017 in review
by Peeb-OK, on Flickr

And this summer I channeled a little Georgia O'Keefe in New Mexico (the lighting at sunrise was spectacular):

Cerro Pedernal
by Peeb-OK, on Flickr

@Peeb Riley is the best!

This was just a quick snap during a hike with my bff but it turned out to be a favorite. I think the leading line of the leash and then the path ahead are what make it a fav for me.

One more today. I don’t think I previously posted this one. It’s not the best photo but Princess rarely allows photos these days so it was an instant favorite for me.

@SquarePeg You've got a beautiful young lady there!!

I really should have more wildlife photos than studio since that's where I spend more of my time. lol

This is a group of fox kits that were in a local park. Logan and I spent a couple of days shooting them and this one is my favourite because it's the only shot I got with the three of them and it just happens to show their curious nature.

What is that by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

The next one is a favourite since it is not a time in a birds life many get to witness let a lone pull up a lawn chair to and watch for hours. Once again it was Jr's spidey senses that lead us to this nest. Once mom got used to us, which took all of 5 minutes, she carried on with her motherly duties and we were priveleged enough to be there.

Feeding time by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

The first one for today is my late Mom-in-Law, Mary. This was taken at her birthday, a few weeks before she lost her battle with cancer. Miss you, Mom.

cmw3_d750_DSC_0198.jpg
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

This is uncle James (Mom-in-law's brother) and his granddaughter, Jazzie. I'm going to try to get Jazzie, her siblings and her mom (the flower girl at our wedding) for a shoot once we get into better weather. This was completely unplanned, but if I had to do it again, I'd go with a higher PoV.

DSC_0202-Edit.jpg
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back