What are you reading?

Do LOVE me some WEB Griffin!
1526857182475.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ASTROPHYSICS for People in a Hurry - Neil de Grasse Tyson
I think my hubby picked that one up, but it's in the TBR stack. Is it any good? Seems to me I read a review that said he might have rushed a bit with this one.

I just finished I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou. I find her to be a compelling writer and, although much of this book was difficult, she writes in an honest and matter-of-fact way that gets the reader past the more painful parts. :heartpump:

I just finished I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou. I find her to be a compelling writer and, although much of this book was difficult, she writes in an honest and matter-of-fact way that gets the reader past the more painful parts. :heartpump:

That's on my re-read list. I read it in college and remember that it was very powerful and knew I would have to read it again at some point, but haven't yet.

What I am re-reading for the umpteenth time is The Old Man and the Sea. I just got a hard cover copy and I love Hemingway, and so I re-read :)

After that, I brought a few books with me on vacation and just bought some more today. Not sure what will be next on deck. Stay tuned! :)

(And soon, too. Old Man won't take me very long at all.)

What I am re-reading for the umpteenth time is The Old Man and the Sea. I just got a hard cover copy and I love Hemingway, and so I re-read :)
This one is on MY re-read list, since I read it in one gulp a few years ago. My copy is just a paperback, but since it's been lightly used I hope it lasts awhile. :lol:

I did have the foresight to buy myself a gorgeous hardback copy of Caged Bird... I somehow knew it would be a repeat kind of book.

I'm reading The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander. It's a book that I should have read a while ago, and focuses on the mass incarceration of minorities and the long-term implications of said incarceration.

"Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen

Old man's War - John Scalzi
Science fiction

On deck:
Alexander Graham Bell - Edwin Grosvenor & Morgan Wesson
Biography

currently: Think Big: Make It Happen in Business and Life

"Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen

Really liked that one.

Old man's War - John Scalzi
Science fiction

On deck:
Alexander Graham Bell - Edwin Grosvenor & Morgan Wesson
Biography

Alexander Graham Bell, villian of the Deaf community.

Just started The All-True Travels and Adventures of Lidie Newton by Jane Smiley.

See How They Run from Lloyd Jones, which is one of the New Stories from the Mabinogion series.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back