What are your hobbies except photography ?

These days its mostly reading the Kindle and chasing/lugging the little ones.

If you are of the nerdy/sci-fi persuasion, I'm totally recommending Hugh Howey's "Wool" and "Walk up Nameless Ridge" as super cheap good reads, and John Scalzi's "Old Man's War."

If/when we can get out, Mr. Squirrels and I would like to spend more time:
Climbing (top rope)
Sailing (still learning)

Also food. I love food, but who doesn't?
C

Be prepared for lots of Yawning...

My hobbies are as follows:

Beading, crocheting, drawing, painting, sketching, writing, creating things, fixing things, taking things apart to put them back together, developing my own scientific theories, debating things (less of a hobby and more of a bad habit really and when I say debating I mean arguing), organizing things tediously and methodically (did I mention I have OCD), doing math and developing mathematical formulas for some of my other hobbies... God I am strange but no joke. When making blankets most people come up with a pattern... I came up with a formula. l - w = c

I love math... and I love science. Most recently my son bought my husband a crystal growing kit to grow amethyst. I got impatient waiting for it to grow so I ran an electric current into the liquid powered by onions.

It was Awesome!!!

$602744_10151177872997373_1399206275_n.jpg

This is what it looked like on the Jan 1. Now there is no liquid left and my Pyrex bowl is completely covered.

Oh, and my last hobby has to be Rambling.

My hobbies are: hiking, four wheeling, boating, fishing, antiquing, volunteering, wood working, crafts, museums and a little modeling (clothes on). Wow! I just realized I like to do a lot things.

Golf, sports (watching/gambling) and following the Photo Forum, not the photography stuff the other BS on here.

I am an avid backpacker and have hiked 6 states of the Appalachian Trail. I'm also an Enophile (lover of wine) and enjoy tastings and wine clubs.

I am an avid backpacker and have hiked 6 states of the Appalachian Trail.

Whoa. Did you through hike the 6 states or section hike them?

I am an avid backpacker and have hiked 6 states of the Appalachian Trail.

Whoa. Did you through hike the 6 states or section hike them?

Section hiked them. I take a few weeks off to hike a state except it took me two separate times to finish VA (I have VA, W. VA, MD, PA, NJ and NY completed and sections done in MA and NH). In 18 months, I'm going to take 6-7 months off to thru hike the entire trail.

Apart from photography, I love cooking, gardening and coffee. Coffee is my other big passion/obsession.

Section hiked them. I take a few weeks off to hike a state except it took me two separate times to finish VA (I have VA, W. VA, MD, PA, NJ and NY completed and sections done in MA and NH). In 18 months, I'm going to take 6-7 months off to thru hike the entire trail.

That's awesome. My biggest hiking accomplishment was the [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Kalalau Trail (Napali Coast) with Mr. Squirrels. I like to read about AT hikers though. How much weight will you allot for photography equipment?[/FONT]

Engineering, and research.
I have 6 patents in the United States for designs in instrument transformers.

Other than that, I enjoy beer.

I think I answered in the other thread, but I'll answer again and probably throw some new things in there (not new hobbies, just not mentioned before).

The more I get into photography, the more it just eats away every last bit of my free time, so I don't have nearly as much time for other hobbies anymore!

I used to do calligraphy--even made a decent little bit of money from it at one time. I still love to do it once in a while, but the hand tremors prevent me from doing it as much as I used to. Those fountain pens the OP mentioned have really piqued my interest--OP, do you have pics of your remaining collection?

I lead a women's ministry and do some speaking and writing at women's events--that's the other major thing that takes up any waking non-job-related hours for me.
Then there's Boy Scouts, where I still help out with some of the older scouts even though mine are long gone from Scouting (well, one is still involved as an adult, just not a youth scout anymore).

I LOVE to read, but tend these days to fall asleep before I get very far into a book. I love to write, but haven't had as much time for that lately as I'd like.

I also like to hike when I have time and my knees cooperate.
Other than that, I guess mostly spending time on the computer--social media, TPF, word games, Angry Birds. :D

There was a time when every woman of breeding was taught calligraphy. Good form Sharon.

I build circuit boards. My hope is to merge my two hobbies and build circuits for use with photography. Also science, but I'm a scientist so that doesn't count.

I'm an amateur radio operator (Ham, Amateur Extra class), licensed since 1976. Although inactive now I still tinker with electronics
I'm a licensed pilot (private with instrument) although also inactive now
I shoot pistol competition (IDPA and USPSA)
I travel on motorcycles (2007 Honda VFR, 2006 Suzuki DL650)
I build model airplanes
I keep 2 tanks of freshwater fish
I wrote software for years but not so much anymore (BASIC, Visual BASIC, FORTRAN, Pascal, C, C++, assembler)
I read (and read, and read, and read, and read)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back