What went wrong?

Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just processed a roll of Adox 25 35mm (Efke) the negatives came out very light, all most not visible. Used Rollie Low Speed developer. There is no expiration date on the bottle, but I bought it in Aug 06 (Freestyle order history). I think the film was shoot with my Bessa-T but not sure of that. Just noticed an issue with the light meter need to check the battery.

For Adox 25 in pass I used D-76 1+1 or Tetenal Neofin Blau both for 8min @ 68F with no problems. The time Rollie charts list Rollie Pan 25 processing as 1+4 10min@ 24c. Could not fine any number for the Adox 25, I assumed they where similar films.

I came up with 3 possible reasons why the film can out as it did:
1) Old developer
2) Assumed wrongly that the films are similar (most likely)
3) Under exposed film, may need new battery

Do all the negs look the same? can you scan and post them?

I would guess under exposed film, as off developer often leaves other development defects.

Trashed them, they where fairly evenly light and clean. That is why I think that they where under developed by time or weak developer.

I've shot Adox 25 with no problems. But I processed it in D76 straight, I believe.

img583.jpg

It sounds like a underdevelopment to me, though I couldn't find that particular film/developer combination anywhere.

One resource I use quite often for finding film/developer times is the Massive Dev Chart at

http://www.digitaltruth.com/

Before you go looking, I checked, but it didn't have your film/developer combination.

I've been using the Massive Dev Chart a lot in the past few months, since I've been experimenting with unfamiliar films.(Efke, Fomapan and Fortepan)

Most reactions

Back