'08 Assignment- "Set in Stone" Due November 30th

My favorite part is that this photo is exactly as I took it, no filters or re-coloring. All I did was crop it square.

Stone.jpg

This was took in Tennessee. I stood in the middle of this river, on some rocks in order to get this shot. Dare I mention it was raining and freaking cold XD
I did little editing to this photo. Mostly just the border and water mark.

trip-029.jpg

Add another one to the list! I am new here, been doing this for about 2 years.......just stumbled across this board yesterday!

La Crosse, WI area!

Here is mine.
3027590150_a64c4b232c_o.jpg
i love this one!
like most said, dionysus' photo has a very nice setting but it's way too blurry to me.

as i already mentioned i took two pictures of the same tomb i posted above and had just saw the other version and liked it... so here it is!
i still may prefer the composition of the first (with the ot of focs leaves "framing" it), but i like how this one has a "sleepy" feel to it... what do you think?

sleepingangel2rv1.jpg

The "Truth" is written in stone

3048267237_d4a381cb9b_b.jpg

Some great shots here, one i took the other day.

DSC00568.jpg

I know that other people have posted waterfall type photos, but I thought I would throw mine in the mix too. Took this in early October. This is my first time posting to the Assignments, so I hope I did this right...

3050118445_1897052ce1_o.jpg

This was took in Tennessee. I stood in the middle of this river, on some rocks in order to get this shot. Dare I mention it was raining and freaking cold XD
I did little editing to this photo. Mostly just the border and water mark.

trip-029.jpg

I love it. You did a great job. What I would like to know is how did you balance enough so that you did not fall into the river?! Great job!! Welcome to the forum and to the assignment threads!!

Hah!

I bet you never thought that sentence would ever come out of your mouth... unless... uh... nevermind..:drool:.

You my friend are a dirty boy!! :lol::lol:

Some great shots here, one i took the other day.

DSC00568.jpg

Where was this shot taken. It is beautiful. Is that a cornerstone that marks where the states begin and end?
Welcome to the forum and to the assignment threads.

I know that other people have posted waterfall type photos, but I thought I would throw mine in the mix too. Took this in early October. This is my first time posting to the Assignments, so I hope I did this right...

3050118445_1897052ce1_o.jpg
I really like how you focused on the rocks vs the water. It's a nice change of the normal waterfall pictures. Nice job! Welcome to the assignment threads!!

i love this one!
like most said, dionysus' photo has a very nice setting but it's way too blurry to me.

as i already mentioned i took two pictures of the same tomb i posted above and had just saw the other version and liked it... so here it is!
i still may prefer the composition of the first (with the ot of focs leaves "framing" it), but i like how this one has a "sleepy" feel to it... what do you think?

sleepingangel2rv1.jpg

Wow I am not sure if I like this one better or the other one. They are both so beautiful! Where is this statue at again? Great job!! This picture has such a tranquil feel to it!

Wow I am not sure if I like this one better or the other one. They are both so beautiful! Where is this statue at again? Great job!! This picture has such a tranquil feel to it!
thank you! it is a tomb in highgate cemetery west in north london. such a charming place, you could spend a whole week there and still have stunning things to see and portrait. i love it to death! no pun intended. ;)

Where was this shot taken. It is beautiful. Is that a cornerstone that marks where the states begin and end?

No its the highest point (only 315m) on the mendip hills here in the southwest of england, lost of lovely shots to be had around here.

Its not the most recent picture Ive taken...but it was the only acces I had to stone other than my driveway.....

The stone is what the trees are growing out of. It was the best picture from ARIZONA i had.

Set_In_Stone_TPF_Post_by_listoman.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back