1 Month Old - C&C Requested

Jean1234

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughter is now a month old & I've been struggling to get some good photos of her. It's been more challenging that I thought it was going to be.

I know this one has some pose issues (missing hand/eye into the blanket), but I was hoping to get some feedback on the other aspects of the photo - exposure, lighting, colors, DOF, etc. I'm new to studio lighting, so I'm particularly interested on feedback on that. I used a soft box & a reflector.

She has a light birth mark on her forehead (the redness), which I didn't PS out because it's part of her.

$20130717003074ec_1.jpg

Thank you!

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
$20130717003074ec_1.jpg
I brought down the exposure a bit then added a little fill light. I brought down the contrast and clarity a bit to for that "baby soft" feeling.

The WB was the biggest issue. It was a little too warm and a little too green. I used the sliders in ACR to adjust accordingly.

jowensphoto

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Also, nice job for a one month old - that's a hard age to photograph.

OP
J

Jean1234

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I brought down the exposure a bit then added a little fill light. I brought down the contrast and clarity a bit to for that "baby soft" feeling.

The WB was the biggest issue. It was a little too warm and a little too green. I used the sliders in ACR to adjust accordingly.

Thank you! I can see how off it was when your edit is next to mine. Looking at my edit alone - even knowing the issue, I still struggle to see it. I think I'm going to need to work on this.

Thanks again!

jowensphoto

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit

Thank you! I can see how off it was when your edit is next to mine. Looking at my edit alone - even knowing the issue, I still struggle to see it. I think I'm going to need to work on this.

Thanks again!

It's one of my most challenging areas as well!

Most reactions

New Topics