100 Greatest Movie Characters

Keeping on the Bond theme: Gert Fröbe as Goldfinger

Some names that stuck out to me...
Jack Nicholson in The Shining should of been way higher than 73!! He played an epic character.
59. Joe Pesci in Goodfellas!!
56. Ellen Page in Juno. Love that movie. I am surprised she was ranked this high.
44. Bill Murray in Ghostbusters. Enough said!
34. Sylvester Stallone in Rocky 1-6. I completely disagree with this. He should be much higher.
27. Al Pacino in Scarface. 27?!!! Are you kidding me!! This guy has one of the best all time lines in a movie ever!! "Say hello to my little friend!" How in the world is he not in the top 10?
19. Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction?!! NO!
11. Sean Connery in Goldfinger. Posting that for you people talking about Bond. ;)
7. Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski. This confuses me. I've never seen the movie. Help me out, does he really deserve to be this high?!!
1. Brad Pitt in Fight Club. As much as I love this movie, I can't see this being #1. Vader should of took the top spot. ;)

Well, that was fun. hehe

^^Are you kidding? I was just wondering why he rates higher than Darth Vader or the Dude? Or hell, Citizen Kane, for that matter, who is up in the 90s??? I call bullsh*t.
And Blade makes the list at all? BLADE??

What about Linda Blair's character from "The Exorcist"? Or The Tramp (Charlie Chaplin)? Or Linda Hamilton in "The Terminator" instead of just Arnold Schwarzenegger. Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) in "Breakfast at Tiffany's"?

Of course the list is predominantly male and biased towards action movies. The whole thing also appears to be an advertisement.

Couldn't agree more. The list is way, way dominated by male/action and seems to be set up for advertising. At least give me 10 characters per page (at which point I'd still complain about advertising).

Jack Nicholson in The Shining should of been way higher than 73!! He played an epic character.
7. Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski. This confuses me. I've never seen the movie. Help me out, does he really deserve to be this high?!!
1. Brad Pitt in Fight Club. As much as I love this movie, I can't see this being #1. Vader should of took the top spot. ;)

I totally agree about Nicholson and Pitt.

As for Jeff Bridges...oh my goodness, you MUST see "The Big Lebowski." The Dude is Awe.Some.

Watch the movie.
The Dude abides.
Yes, he does.

Some names that stuck out to me...
59. Joe Pesci in Goodfellas!!
56. Ellen Page in Juno. Love that movie. I am surprised she was ranked this high.
44. Bill Murray in Ghostbusters. Enough said!
34. Sylvester Stallone in Rocky 1-6. I completely disagree with this. He should be much higher.
27. Al Pacino in Scarface. 27?!!! Are you kidding me!! This guy has one of the best all time lines in a movie ever!! "Say hello to my little friend!" How in the world is he not in the top 10?
19. Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction?!! NO!
11. Sean Connery in Goldfinger. Posting that for you people talking about Bond. ;)

Well, that was fun. hehe

Ha, I was just coming back to this thread to say that somehow I'd left off my list that it is a GREAT miscarriage of justice for Jack Nicholson's character, Jack Torrance, from The Shining to be at #73. That's just inexcusable.

Gregory Peck's portrayal of Atticus Finch should also have been, at the very least, a top 50 character, not #70.

General Buck Turgidson

Annie Oakley (Betty Hutton)

Rose Sayer (Katharine Hepburn)

Inspector Clouseau (Peter Sellers)

Zorro (Tyrone Power)

Capt. Vallo (Burt Lancaster) -- the character Disney shamelessly plagiarized for that Johny Depp pirate character.

No Cyd Charrise as "Nina" in Silk Stockings? Or as "Gabrielle" in The Band Wagon?

Lohn Chaney Grapes of Wrath

No Cyd Charrise as "Nina" in Silk Stockings? Or as "Gabrielle" in The Band Wagon?

Oh, Cyd Charisse. Those legs. The small but very memorable scene from "Singin' in the Rain"

Holy crap, and what about Lina Lamont from "Singin' in the Rain"???

Most reactions

Back