100 Greatest Movie Characters

Your kidding right? Just not even as the same league:

I mean seriously, in what kind of twisted universe could this not win a dozen Academy Awards?

Lol

Your kidding right? Just not even as the same league:

I mean seriously, in what kind of twisted universe could this not win a dozen Academy Awards?

Lol

Tony Montana Scarface
Benji....Benji
Darth Vader
Dorothy (the Wizard of Oz)
Mary Poppins

I refuse to go through these types of click bait lists. A hearty "EFF YOU!" to the web designers who do these one-at-a-time, blind, numbered lists.

The way they did the web page sucks.

Show me the list, and let me choose which ones I want to click on for more info.

No joke I said this today:

Me said:
i hate websites that are lists of things, but you gotta click forward each thing.
like top ten XYZ and while you click through, it'll show an ad and the entire rest of the webpage is ads itself.

I refuse to go through these types of click bait lists. A hearty "EFF YOU!" to the web designers who do these one-at-a-time, blind, numbered lists.

Absolutely! I did go through them--but only for Mish. First time I have EVER made it past about 98 on a list like that. Just give me the entire list so I can look at them all at once and compare.

^^Are you kidding? I was just wondering why he rates higher than Darth Vader or the Dude? Or hell, Citizen Kane, for that matter, who is up in the 90s??? I call bullsh*t.
And Blade makes the list at all? BLADE??

What about Linda Blair's character from "The Exorcist"? Or The Tramp (Charlie Chaplin)? Or Linda Hamilton in "The Terminator" instead of just Arnold Schwarzenegger. Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) in "Breakfast at Tiffany's"?

Of course the list is predominantly male and biased towards action movies. The whole thing also appears to be an advertisement.

YES, thank you! I have absolutely NO idea why I even bothered to keep going after finding Citizen Kane in the high 90s on the list. And then to have Darth bested by a Fight Club character? I think not. And Indiana Jones should have been higher than #6, too.

The whole thing is so incredibly subjective, and there have been so many movies that coming up with a list like this that people would even "mostly" agree on is impossible.
But if *I* were to make a Top 100 Characters list, it would look very, very different from theirs.

This is just off the top of my head; I'm sure a lot of others would come to me if I had time to dwell on them. But I spent so much time clicking through that list, ONE at a freakin' time, that now I gotta get back to work!

First, Morgan Freeman and Paul Newman in just about everything ever--because they just rock. But Paul Newman especially as Butch Cassidy and in the Verdict.

Peter Finch as Howard Beale, the anchor in The Network. "I'm MAD AS HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!" God, that's one of the absolute best movie rants, EVER.

Tom Hanks as the train conductor in Polar Express.

Robin Williams as either FernGully or Aladdin.

Billy Crystal as Miracle Max in Princess Bride. Oh, and also Mandy Pantinkin as Inigo Montoya: "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father; prepare to die." LOL

Shirley MacLaine as Ouiser Boudreaux in Steel Magnolias--"I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood for 40 years!" Ha, I resemble that remark!

Both Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks for their respective roles in "Catch Me If You Can."

Jason Bourne. Some of the best action movies out there!

A few notable characters for me.......

Rory Breaker (Vas Blackwood) - Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Brick Top (Alan Ford) - Snatch
Chauncey Gardiner (Peter Sellers) - Being There
Dory (Ellen DeGeneres) - Finding Nemo
Mel Blanc - Thanks for all those voices

Opps, forgot one...
Blair Sullivan (Ed Harris) - Just Cause

Last edited:
Wilson from Castaway is my favorite.

Hans Gruber was above Julles on the list = List Invalid.

We must write a new list.

Jordan Belfort gets number one over Tyler Durden this time.

Ooh, Sean Connery - he reminds me of Christopher Lambert as Conner McCloud (of the clan McCloud) in "Highlander"

It also reminds me - was James Bond on the list, or no? Because c'mon - James Bond?? (Connery was the best one, of course.)

Most reactions

Back