What's new

1934 Mercedes-Benz 5000K

TJMcG119 2

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 16, 2022
Messages
427
Reaction score
822
Location
Show Low, Arizona, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There are repros of this car, but the guy talked as if this were an original. I'm not knowledgeable enough in this area to know, and I didn't ask.
Run to pines 20260926_0063+mercedes1.webp


Run to pines 20260926_0063+mercedes2.webp
 
Um yeah........I bet that's a replica. Originals are worth anywhere between 800k and 1.7 million and there might be about 5-8 still around. Replicas are around 25k-50k. But maybe that guy does not care if his million dollar car gets dings.....LOL
 
Um yeah........I bet that's a replica. Originals are worth anywhere between 800k and 1.7 million and there might be about 5-8 still around. Replicas are around 25k-50k. But maybe that guy does not care if his million dollar car gets dings.....LOL
I heard him say that most of them are still in Germany, and that's where I got the idea that it might be an original. It could be that even he doesn't know.

Edit: I just Googled it and it said that these cars are multi-million-dollar museum pieces, and very unlikely to be at a weekend car show. The roadsters are even rarer...
 
Last edited:
Beautiful car. I did not know MB ever made cars like that.
And famous race cars, too. The story of the 1955 Mille MIglia and Sterling Moss is legendary:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom