1rst photo on the forum - La Défense by night

Tristan RD92

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone, here is my first photo posted on the website!
It was taken on the 3rd floor of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, I hope you will appreciate ;)
Thnks
fonddcran.jpg

It's really cool. :) Something seems crooked for some reason...Maybe it's just me. I think it's because you weren't in the dead centre of that bridge?

I agree with meat seems crooked but that's an awesome view wish I could be there.

It's the street in the foreground, the horizon is level. I think you might need to play with it in PP. Though I don't know how. :)

I agree with meat seems crooked but that's an awesome view wish I could be there.

There's something quite unwholesome about the statement "I agree with meat" :lol:

But on a serious note, I also agree with meat in that the composition is slightly flawed. When taking a shot where you are going for centered, symmetrical look (often works quite well in a lot of situations) you have to be quite careful to make sure it is actually symmetrical, centered and level, otherwise it will just look a little awkward. If you cant get into a position that allows this you will be better off going for a more unique composition and probably following the rule of thirds.

Okay! thanks for your comments. I think it looks crooked because the quays are not right.

Aside from being a bit crooked I think it's very nice.
I really like these night pictures that are so dark that all you really see is the lights.
It makes the town/city almost surreal.
It's beautiful

I think it's beautiful. I love night shots.

Completelyyyyy envious of you being in the Eiffel tower, too.

Looks great........... the world is not perfectly square; and so neither do all photos need to be so..

This one is a great capture. Since it is a time exposure, it may have benefited from a few more seconds to get greater movement of the lights around the streets.............:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back