1st Hummingbirds w/HSS Flash

I could easily imagine myself sitting there with a cold beer and the camera.

Now these are great! Bravo!
Shot with my 5DII & 70-200 IS 2.8
Awesome shots. Hummingbirds are cool as hell to watch and even more fun to photograph.
Seeing the lens you used, I'm even more excited about my 70-300mm coming in the next day or two. :)
Well done!
They really are amazing shots
Thanks very much....:D

"Shot with my 5DII & 70-200 IS 2.8
ISO 200....1/800....f/5.0 ~ f/8.0...HSS @ -2"
??? You have a 5DII and you shot them with an ISO of 200, and a flash?... The pictures are nice and sharp but, have the "flash look" and are a bit under exposed. You could have come away with much nicer pictures by using a higher ISO and no flash. Your camera is very capable of using higher ISO speeds without too much noise.
Thanks....these shots were more of a test to find out what 'HSS Flash' was all about since I haven't used that mode before...they do have somewhat of a 'flash' look to them but it sure helped fill in the shadow areas vs. no flash at all that I have taken of them before..
Been thinking about adding another feeder, in a less shaded area, to get better natural light shots of them...:cheers:

"Shot with my 5DII & 70-200 IS 2.8
ISO 200....1/800....f/5.0 ~ f/8.0...HSS @ -2"
??? You have a 5DII and you shot them with an ISO of 200, and a flash?... The pictures are nice and sharp but, have the "flash look" and are a bit under exposed. You could have come away with much nicer pictures by using a higher ISO and no flash. Your camera is very capable of using higher ISO speeds without too much noise.
Thanks....these shots were more of a test to find out what 'HSS Flash' was all about since I haven't used that mode before...they do have somewhat of a 'flash' look to them but it sure helped fill in the shadow areas vs. no flash at all that I have taken of them before..
Been thinking about adding another feeder, in a less shaded area, to get better natural light shots of them...:cheers:

Ah, understand now. I forgot to mention that I am super jealous of your rig (it's a great set up),... soon :)

Dude, these rock. Nice work with the high speed flash.
Thanks...I read about 'HSS Flash' here and on another forum and had to give it a try... :D
This is a great place to learn about photography and is much appreciated...:cheers:

Not sure what impresses me more, the shots themselves or the quality of those massive crops. Great shooting!
Thank you...:D...I've been pleasantly surprised, & quite amazed at times, with the IQ of this lens/camera combo...:thumbsup:....
I've really been enjoying shooting birds lately and hope sometime in the future to graduate up to one of the bigger primes.... :cheers:

Is there a shutter speed fast enough to completely make a H. Birds wings still life??

Is there a shutter speed fast enough to completely make a H. Birds wings still life??

Nevermind ;)

Humming birds wing beats per second 38-78

1/38 = 126 milli-seconds

1/78 = 12.8 milli-seconds

:D

Stunning!! Wow - that is some seriously amazing photography! Great job!

First off, amazing and wonderful shots! Second, BAD ASS deck and back yard lol. Damn, I really need the lense for this since I have somewhere I live, yet they're hiding right now for somereason. I'll have to get those feeders for em' I guess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back