2)
me1.jpg

3)
me4.jpg

4)
me5.jpg

5)
me2.jpg

I like the first 1, but not into the half face idea on the other one's. Think you shoulda tried maybe some sideviews or other perspectives than just strait on.

Vertical (portrait) orientation would have better suited to these photos. I'm guessing from the framing and the lens used these were handheld out in front of yourself?

no joke, i thought you were 12 years old because of the way you talk and act on this board. i was surprised to see facial hair.

no joke, i thought you were 12 years old because of the way you talk and act on this board. i was surprised to see facial hair.
+1

You look like a kickboxer of some sort.

I like the high contrast of the shot, and black and white works well.
as said, #1 is really the only one that works though

the rest just look like misfires, if you played with the lighting a bit it could work (make it so the face falls into shadow thus leaving sense of mystery.)

hint hint... try rotating the camera 90 degrees. I think a vertical crop on #1 could look pretty cool.

I like the raw look of the images (keep the facial hair), but I don't like the shallow DOF. The ghost image around the out of focus areas is really annoying.

Yeah, it would have been really helpful. Shot #1, without your chin amputated, would have been a fascinating close-up, gritty look at you, but instead, we see an amputated head floating on no visible means of support...with your neck in the frame, the first self-portrait would have been a worthy, Chuck-Close Daguerrotype portraits done in the neorealisitic style, like the recent ones done of Brad Pitt for W magazine. Your camera orientation is diluting the shots down to water. So, I opened PS, made a rectangle, and created that frame,expressly for YOU. I might start making more of them, since your mistake is so,so,so common among untrained shooters.

Chuck Close shoots Brad Pitt: Celebrities: Wmagazine.com

By orienting the camera as a horizontal, you botched all the shots...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back