AprilRamone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.apriloharephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Everyone,
I needed a more recent picture of me so I did a short session with myself just yesterday. This is one of the ones I sort of like. Does anyone out there have any suggestions as far as lighting goes? I was trying to do what I think I've heard being called "butterfly lighting" where it's above the subject and directly in front. It looks like it was still a bit to the side though. I was trying to minimize my big nose! Other suggestions are welcome also.
IMG_3341Resized.jpg

it might be my monitor, but your hair seems to blend abit too much into the background. Maybe a light behind you also would help catch the outline of you hair.

i agree with johnmf about the hair blending into the bg waay too much!
beautiful pic:) youre darn pretty.. nice one:)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I gotta try lighting up the background next time. One more question, as I stare at it, it seems like the random hair all over my shoulders is really distracting. Do you think it would be worth it to clone it all out in PS? Or is it fine the way it is?

I think there would be no harm in cloning out the random hair as long as you can do a good job of it, and keep it looking natural.

Also, looking at it again, i think it has a little bit of a yellowish/warmish cast to it. i dont know if that's what you were going for, but that could be easily solved in photoshop too.

dont forget to post the results :)

Well, I guess I don't have a lot of patience for the clone tool because I don't think it looks very natural without the hair. But, I did get rid of some of the warmth and I think it looks a lot better. Thanks John!
IMG_3341CloningouthairResized.jpg

IMG_3341Resized.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back