Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This little brass lens is going to be fun

_DSC6849.jpg
_DSC6836.jpg
_DSC6835.jpg

I also like #2, the orange flowers, some type of gladiolas perhaps. As the photo of the man shows,. this lens has the capability of putting what I call a visual impression or a visual signature on the images it makes, which is something that can be utilized by a creative shooter such as yourself. It's just one more tool in the tool set. I hope we get to see more images you create with this new lens!

It's just one more tool in the tool set.

Or is it a toy in the toy box? It has a certain look which is reminiscent of some of the lower-end GDR lenses such as Pentacon. I'm also looking forward to seeing more.

Love the colors and the painting like blur on #2.

The flower shots are outstanding, and I like the portrait as well, even though the others aren't as taken with it. I love that swirly background from a Petzval. With your talent, I'm sure you're going to get the most out of it.

I haven't shot with it on a tripod as yet but I'm loving the dreamlike quality of the garden images
_DSC6879.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC6880.jpg
    _DSC6880.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 184
I can't get over how bloody expensive they are. As far as compound lenses go, it doesn't get much simpler.

I think i'll wait for someone in china to get on board this one and sell them for like $12.99

I can't get over how bloody expensive they are. As far as compound lenses go, it doesn't get much simpler.

I think i'll wait for someone in china to get on board this one and sell them for like $12.99

I know .... soo much money for a crap lens.....but I'm taking pics and learning different things that could not be learnt using my "real"lenses and I am loving it.
hahaha and isn't that the whole purpose of using a camera?
To enjoy oneself ...:)

I haven't shot with it on a tripod as yet but I'm loving the dreamlike quality of the garden imagesView attachment 105087

Oh, the swirl! I love it!

I'd love a Petzval. I know that they are considered portrait lenses, but I don't shoot portraits. Of course I don't have to shoot portraits with them, but if I did, I might use the lens more often and that might help me justify the cost to myself. Otherwise, I'll just have to wait until I hit the lottery. When I do, though, I'm going big, y'all. Medium-format Petzval to go on the Hassie kit I get for myself :D

This has to be the most interesting bookeh I have ever seen. The flower shots are stunning. I like the portrait as well though!

Swirlies! After looking at your results, I'm quite tempted to buy one of these.

Most reactions

Back