1st try using CPOL + ND; attack!

maulrat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all. Be being a super newb, I am beginning to have a fascination with shutter drags. I finally got my CPOL in the mail, stacked it with an ND2, then took these shots yesterday. What do you think?

2762195428_34a4885e85_o.jpg

2761347827_4652ca81fd_o.jpg

Nicely done.

I once stacked a CP and two ND4 filters.

Very nice! I love the water swirls in #2!

Thanks for the nice comments. These were taken on a super flimsy $12 Walmart special, cheapo tripod. That is why a lot of my photos are a little blurry when I drag the shutter. It is also difficult for my model to stay that still for more than 1 second.

I can't wait though. I have an ND4 and an ND8 coming in the mail as well as a decent, sturdy tripod. One good piece of advice to anyone using a really cheap tripod. Always keep the camera strapped around your neck when mounted on the tripod. Wind and/or gravity can easily knock over your camera leaving you in a world of pain.

I really like both of them, really, although the subject's face in #2 looks a little blurred. I can't quite figure if that's blur from her moving or simply softness from resizing for the web.

I also love the vignetting effect on both of them. Was that a result of stacking the filters or was it done PP?

I really like both of them, really, although the subject's face in #2 looks a little blurred. I can't quite figure if that's blur from her moving or simply softness from resizing for the web.

Probably a little of both. Another blurring agent was that I was unable to oversharpen the background and "just right" sharpen the subject. I was a little lazy and sharpened both at the same time. I should have sharpened both to my liking seperately, then mask in either one of them.

I also love the vignetting effect on both of them. Was that a result of stacking the filters or was it done PP?

I almost always vignette my photos in CS2. Sometimes, it is hard to tell when I photograph in very little light, stack CPOL and ND filters, and underexposing my photos. I had too much fun though. Thanks for the comments.

Most reactions

Back